If you have $200k sitting in your checking account

If you have $200k sitting in your checking account

Rental Property Investor · Boca Raton, FL · Member since 2019 · 38 posts · 15 votes

If you have $200k sitting in your checking account and wanted to invest them in Florida, what would you look for in a market like the one we have now. 
- Would you buy 4 condos where you give $50k in each and finance the rest? 

- or give all $200k and buy somehting bigger and finance the rest?

- or buy something in $200k cash?

- other opinions and options are welcome.

0Reply
37 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Mukilteo, WA · Member since 2018 · 124 posts · 148 votes
6y

I'd use a portion of the $200k on a multifamily home and the other portion to rehab. Finance the remainder.

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Mukilteo, WA · Member since 2018 · 124 posts · 148 votes
    6y

    I'd use a portion of the $200k on a multifamily home and the other portion to rehab. Finance the remainder.

  • Rental Property Investor · Clearwater & Daytona Beach, FL · Member since 2019 · 194 posts · 197 votes
    6y

    There are many ways to invest in RE successfully, but I would personally use it as a down payment on an apartment building. Preferably one that’s occupied, but needs some cosmetic work/rents raised. 

    After stabilizing the property in a year or 2, sell and 1031 exchange into a larger apartment building, rinse/repeat.

  • Rental Property Investor · Boca Raton, FL · Member since 2019 · 38 posts · 15 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Aaron Flake:

    I'd use a portion of the $200k on a multifamily home and the other portion to rehab. Finance the remainder.

     I agree with your point, the problem now in South Florida is to find a good multifamily where the prices makes sense. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Boca Raton, FL · Member since 2019 · 38 posts · 15 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Eric Mayer:

    There are many ways to invest in RE successfully, but I would personally use it as a down payment on an apartment building. Preferably one that’s occupied, but needs some cosmetic work/rents raised. 

    After stabilizing the property in a year or 2, sell and 1031 exchange into a larger apartment building, rinse/repeat.

    the issue I am having is finding a good apartment building/multifamily where the price makes sense. At this time, in South Florida, this is becoming very complicated..

  • Rental Property Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2015 · 236 posts · 156 votes
    6y

    I would invest in a multifamily syndication and stack your wealth!

  • Rental Property Investor · Clearwater & Daytona Beach, FL · Member since 2019 · 194 posts · 197 votes
    6y

    @Eddy Wehbe Don’t be afraid to invest outside your backyard. I’m pretty spread out throughout FL. There are more reasonable areas of FL that you could potentially still drive to in a few hours if you had to. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Boca Raton, FL · Member since 2019 · 38 posts · 15 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Eric Mayer:

    @Eddy Wehbe Don’t be afraid to invest outside your backyard. I’m pretty spread out throughout FL. There are more reasonable areas of FL that you could potentially still drive to in a few hours if you had to. 

    any suggestions? 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.