Alternatives to Whitepages for Getting in Contact With Owners

Alternatives to Whitepages for Getting in Contact With Owners

Investor · Waco TX / Conroe, TX · Member since 2017 · 376 posts · 228 votes

I have been using Whitepages Premium for about 6 months now, and overall it has been very good to me. I call on about 200-300 properties a month and use the reverse address search to get the information I need to get in contact with the owner.  

My complaint is that sometimes it will list 10 different numbers for one person and you will have to call through multiple disconnected numbers or just outright wrong numbers in order to get in contact with the right person. Eventually you will get in contact with the owner, but it is just time consuming. My other complaint is that for my premium subscription of $20/month it only allows me to pull information on 200 people a month. After that I am cut off and forced to use other sites that aren't as accurate.

In conclusion, Whitepages is an effective tool for getting in contact with property owners but I am curious to see if anyone has alternative methods/websites that they use that are more effective and help address my complaints. 

Let me know what you think.

1Reply
107 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • New to Real Estate · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2020 · 32 posts · 13 votes
    6y

    I use truepeoplesearch, mostly because it's free. However, it lists the person that lived in the property (eg. tenant). Curious does whitepages list the property owner? 

  • Investor · Waco TX / Conroe, TX · Member since 2017 · 376 posts · 228 votes
    6y

    @Alfred Uda

    It does not list the owner directly. 

    What I do is find the owners mailing address from the county GIS and then I search the mailing address on  whitepages to find the owner.

  • New to Real Estate · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2020 · 32 posts · 13 votes
    6y

    @Blaine Alger That’s a good tip

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.