Seller financing deed warranty or quit claim?

Seller financing deed warranty or quit claim?

Investor · Euclid, OH · Member since 2015 · 2 posts · 0 votes

I’m about to purchase a house using seller financing from my business partner and was wondering how should I transfer the deed? Warranty or Quit claim?

0Reply
18 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Tucson, AZ · Member since 2017 · 208 posts · 235 votes
    6y

    Always use a warranty deed.  A quit claim deed offers no warranties, it only releases the (potential) interest of a party. A quit claim deed will also invalidate the title insurance that was last purchased for the property. 

  • Investor · Euclid, OH · Member since 2015 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    Thanks Andrew. 

  • Specialist · Winter Springs, FL · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 747 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Gordon Kitchen:

    I’m about to purchase a house using seller financing from my business partner and was wondering how should I transfer the deed? Warranty or Quit claim?

    The type of deed matters less than purchasing a title policy that insures your interest in the property.  A title policy that insures your Grantor does not provide you with any protection.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.