Cardone Capital and all the U tubes

Cardone Capital and all the U tubes

Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes

Wow I don't know if anyone is watching all these U tubes on Cardone.. I have no dog in the HUNT I dont know him never met him Never watched any of his stuff.  So when I start to see U tubes that are so negative I watched a few.

Just watched a few this morning and talk about the blind leading the blind then all the haters get on who are just keyboard cowboys.

so
1. As I said no dog in the hunt.
2. Full disclosure I have done one PPM  in the last 3 years so know a little bit about it.

So what I cant understand is from my vantage point.

Everyone is freaking out becasue of no distributions.. And that he fired staff etc etc..  Well I suspect there is going to be a lot of syndicators shoring up reserves right now.. there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with that in my mind.. Safety of the asset first.  

Next thing they are talking about is Grant is taking his fee's.. well do we all think that Grant is a sole proprietor who does all the work or do you think if U were owning funds with 8k doors you may have some staff?.. and that the management fee is going primarily to staff!  these guys were making a big deal that Grant is getting paid..  Whether he is taking personal comp who knows.. but to think he is pocketing all those fee's personally or to not clarify that is wrong.

Cardone like many found Paid training.. and I suspect he Makes MILLIONS in paid training.. just like those that came before him Montalongo
Fortune Builders  Zurrix etc etc.. its a HUGE money business.. why do you think the guys who sell paid training on how to be a syndicator popped up in the last few years.. Lots of money in it.

So I watched a few of Grants vids and yes he is out there.. and his language is kind of rough and crude but I can see him having a base much like Trump has his base..  And of course you have the JET  LOL..  :)  the guys at Zurrix have a 30 million dollar jet so its common.

It appears he has bought A class trophy type props and according to Meet Kevin paid top of the market for them..  But bottom line as long as there is no funny business behind the scenes I personally would rather have someone like him running the show than some syndicator that just started out and does not have any true personal net worth or balance sheet past the few deals they did..  IE the ones that have to bring in credit partners that have NO PG becasue they cant themselves qualify etc.

On one video the guy being interview said that Cardone takes 35% for himself and that included 35% of your investment. not just the upside and the dude interviewing him asked twice about it and he still said that was what he did..  I mean come on.. then he was whining becasue he is not accredited and apparently accreds get a 6% pref and non accreds 4.5%  and he was shocked after the fact and felt he was duped,  so he obviously did not read the offering Memo  LOL

Interested on anyone else's take on this.. like Grant dislike him.. But I would hope people would be more accurate in their reporting. And or know what the heck they are talking about



10Reply
86 views

Most Popular Reply

Developer · Charlottesville, VA · Member since 2018 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
6y
Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs:

@Greg Dickerson  see above  :)

Jay - I will be doing an exclusive interview with Grant tomorrow to discuss exactly what's going on with Cardone Capital. I will get the real truth directly from Grant. Should be an interesting interview.

See this reply in the discussion

66 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    OP
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Cody L.:
    Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs:
    Originally posted by @Ian Dunross:

    Take it from me, as a real estate investor and a YouTuber (8,000 subscribers and counting!)...Meet Kevin's videos exist only to make Kevin money. One Christmas Kevin ran up on Grant in Miami at Grant's office as a "surprise", Grants security roughed Kevin up and threw him out of the office (as they should have). 

    Kevin used to be a real estate investor who did YouTube...now he's a youtuber who does real estate investing...big difference!

    If Meet Kevin really wanted to inform/help people, he'd be doing in depth reporting on Clayton Morris!

    Good point on Clayton Morris..  seems like half of Meet Kevins stuff is about stocks as well. and general economic theories or his theories. 

     AH!  I have seen that Meet Kevin guy.  He showed up in my youtube feed. He had a video on PPP.  I clicked on it, watched about 20 seconds. The dude was annoying so I couldn't watch (that's just my opinion.  If you like him more power to you.  Check out my channel - Meet Cody)

    Funny..  I kept seeing people type "meet kevin" and was thinking "Why are people calling him that?"  But yeah, when you said he had a video about stocks and stuff, I remembered seeing him. 

    No wonder it's hard for lots of people to get into real estate.  Maybe I was lucky that 12 years ago when I started there wasn't a bunch of "youtube celebs".  I just had to buy something and figure it out.  Seriously I think things have gotten harder in some ways with youtube and this cult of personality around people like Cardone (who I couldn't pick out of a lineup.  I've only seen him mentioned on here.  Which is maybe why I've been able to grow a little portfoli

    Cody,

    A little off topic just curious how your april collections went.. I was talking to a bizz partner of mine that owns 200 doors in Portland and his collections ( economic) were 84%.. functionally he is 100% full. he generally runs 95% on his solid B class Portland holdings.

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    OP
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Cody L.:
    Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs:
    Originally posted by @Ian Dunross:

    Take it from me, as a real estate investor and a YouTuber (8,000 subscribers and counting!)...Meet Kevin's videos exist only to make Kevin money. One Christmas Kevin ran up on Grant in Miami at Grant's office as a "surprise", Grants security roughed Kevin up and threw him out of the office (as they should have). 

    Kevin used to be a real estate investor who did YouTube...now he's a youtuber who does real estate investing...big difference!

    If Meet Kevin really wanted to inform/help people, he'd be doing in depth reporting on Clayton Morris!

    Good point on Clayton Morris..  seems like half of Meet Kevins stuff is about stocks as well. and general economic theories or his theories. 

     AH!  I have seen that Meet Kevin guy.  He showed up in my youtube feed. He had a video on PPP.  I clicked on it, watched about 20 seconds. The dude was annoying so I couldn't watch (that's just my opinion.  If you like him more power to you.  Check out my channel - Meet Cody)

    Funny..  I kept seeing people type "meet kevin" and was thinking "Why are people calling him that?"  But yeah, when you said he had a video about stocks and stuff, I remembered seeing him. 

    No wonder it's hard for lots of people to get into real estate.  Maybe I was lucky that 12 years ago when I started there wasn't a bunch of "youtube celebs".  I just had to buy something and figure it out.  Seriously I think things have gotten harder in some ways with youtube and this cult of personality around people like Cardone (who I couldn't pick out of a lineup.  I've only seen him mentioned on here.  Which is maybe why I've been able to grow a little portfolio)

    ya I am basically new to U tube.. mainly watch stuff about flying and cooking.. just started to look at the real estate and stock related guys I can see how they are trying to build a brand and now that I know U tube is a revenue generator I think many are really going for the U tube bucks as much as anything else. I mean it takes time to do those things every day.  

    There is an Airline pilot I like to follow he does really good content.

  • Rental Property Investor · St. Paul, MN · Member since 2016 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    6y

    Grant is arrogant, rude and rough around the edges (Presidential material I guess). People want to see him fail. Some out of hate for who he is, some out of jealousy, some to make themselves feel better about themselves. With success brings envy and jealousy. Grant is outspoken, so he is going to get more envy and jealousy. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Grand Haven, MI · Member since 2015 · 71 posts · 108 votes
    6y

    @Jay Hinrichs

    Perfect guy for the ME generation. More or less a charlatan but I respect the get up & go. He’s really built a brand and a good portion of his overall message is very inspiring. I find him funny and entertaining in a Beavis & Butt-head kinda way.

    - RP

  • Developer · Charlottesville, VA · Member since 2018 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs:
    Originally posted by @Robert M.:

    I like Grant and have watched his channel, read his books, and enjoyed his lectures as I have learned from him. He is very motivating. Meet Kevin is a German immigrant that was bullied in school and has now become the bully. We were Kevin subscribers from the beginning. Wife an I are big You Tubers and have followed Kevin, Randy Patrick, (bubble kitty) and Graham Stephan just to name a few. We stopped watching Kevin due to all his profit from others demise. He is very smart but full of hate and anger, # dont sue me bro. I wish the best for Grant and his family, he isnt the first dreamer to have been hit with an unforeseen situation. The kick em when they're down mentality sucks!

    ya i just started watching U tube winter and also just realized that these folks are trying to build a for profit channel. 

  • Rental Property Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs:
    Originally posted by @Cody L.:
    Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs:
    Originally posted by @Ian Dunross:

    Take it from me, as a real estate investor and a YouTuber (8,000 subscribers and counting!)...Meet Kevin's videos exist only to make Kevin money. One Christmas Kevin ran up on Grant in Miami at Grant's office as a "surprise", Grants security roughed Kevin up and threw him out of the office (as they should have). 

    Kevin used to be a real estate investor who did YouTube...now he's a youtuber who does real estate investing...big difference!

    If Meet Kevin really wanted to inform/help people, he'd be doing in depth reporting on Clayton Morris!

    Good point on Clayton Morris..  seems like half of Meet Kevins stuff is about stocks as well. and general economic theories or his theories. 

     AH!  I have seen that Meet Kevin guy.  He showed up in my youtube feed. He had a video on PPP.  I clicked on it, watched about 20 seconds. The dude was annoying so I couldn't watch (that's just my opinion.  If you like him more power to you.  Check out my channel - Meet Cody)

    Funny..  I kept seeing people type "meet kevin" and was thinking "Why are people calling him that?"  But yeah, when you said he had a video about stocks and stuff, I remembered seeing him. 

    No wonder it's hard for lots of people to get into real estate.  Maybe I was lucky that 12 years ago when I started there wasn't a bunch of "youtube celebs".  I just had to buy something and figure it out.  Seriously I think things have gotten harder in some ways with youtube and this cult of personality around people like Cardone (who I couldn't pick out of a lineup.  I've only seen him mentioned on here.  Which is maybe why I've been able to grow a little portfoli

    Cody,

    A little off topic just curious how your april collections went.. I was talking to a bizz partner of mine that owns 200 doors in Portland and his collections ( economic) were 84%.. functionally he is 100% full. he generally runs 95% on his solid B class Portland holdings.

    I have a commercial tenant that pays $20k/month (night club) that didn't pay, so that right there is 2%.  But I'm down about $80k if you don't count that guy.  And of that, I assume 1/2 will be collected at some point.  So down 4% off my rent roll. 

  • Rental Property Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    cardone

    WWE

    investing 
    —————

    3words

  • Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    check flipanythingusa on youtube

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.