Investing in a small town like Jamestown, NY

Investing in a small town like Jamestown, NY

Rental Property Investor · Lancaster, NY · Member since 2015 · 43 posts · 7 votes

I’m looking to invest in Jamestown, NY. I did a lot of research regarding the area by looking up the employment, crime, real estate taxes, economic growth (or lack of) and connect with real estate investors. I don’t have any luck making any real connections. I have been reading about investing in small towns and the risks of owning investment properties in this type of area, but I prefer connect/talk to someone that has real life experience investing in small towns. 

Some facts about Jamestown, NY 

Population just under 30k

Median household income 31k

Major employer manufacturing, retail, health care 

Unemployment a little higher than national average

0Reply
46 views

Most Popular Reply

Realtor · Seward, AK · Member since 2017 · 136 posts · 79 votes
6y

We in vest in Jamestown ny. Would love to connect!!

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Realtor · Seward, AK · Member since 2017 · 136 posts · 79 votes
    6y

    We in vest in Jamestown ny. Would love to connect!!

  • New to Real Estate · 14701 · Member since 2020 · 9 posts · 5 votes
    5y

    I'm also in Jamestown and would love to connect and help answer any questions!

  • Member since 2020 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    @Annie Johnson do you have a property manager recommendation in Jamestown?

  • Realtor · Seward, AK · Member since 2017 · 136 posts · 79 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Elle Steed:

    @Annie Johnson do you have a property manager recommendation in Jamestown?

     We have a friend do it. 

  • Victor SteffenBusiness Member
    Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2017 · 352 posts · 374 votes
    5y

    I own 20 doors in Jamestown. Great cash flow. Neutral/ slightly negative appreciation. Can run into some rough tenants. Plenty of cheap inventory. One of the few markets in the country where you can buy a quad for 50k and rent each unit for $600. blows the "1% and 2% rules" out of the water. Good place to cut your teeth I think as a beginner. You'll learn a ton and cash flow... probably. haha

  • Member since 2020 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    @Victor Steffen are you using a property manager that you would recommend?

  • Member since 2023 · 22 posts · 11 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Victor Steffen:

    I own 20 doors in Jamestown. Great cash flow. Neutral/ slightly negative appreciation. Can run into some rough tenants. Plenty of cheap inventory. One of the few markets in the country where you can buy a quad for 50k and rent each unit for $600. blows the "1% and 2% rules" out of the water. Good place to cut your teeth I think as a beginner. You'll learn a ton and cash flow... probably. haha

    I would love to connect with you as I am in the process of trying to purchase my first couple investments there. 
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.