Hello, I am new to Bigger Pockets and am excited to tap into all of the knowledge and experience of users on this site. I have been thinking about buying and selling rental properties, and I was wondering whether I should look into doing so without an agent. With all of the tools out there for valuing rental properties (Zestimate, financial calculations like cap rate, listing services), it feels like an agent wouldn't be able to change the price much so I should do it myself. Is this possible? What would the value be of having an agent? Would love to hear your thoughts!
Investor · Rochester, MI · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 584 votes
6y
Drew you can purchase by all means by yourself if you have a great deal lined up just have a legit title company complete the transaction. Further more you mentioned estimates on Zillow I’m not sure where you are from but where I’m from Zillow estimates are not accurate and to get accurate numbers an agent is needed. As for saving % for agent commission usually the seller pays that and not the buyer so it would not affect you only when your selling. Also can’t stress this out but if your going toward (working with an agent) be sure they are investor oriented in properties you seek to purchase .