REI Pro Vs. Prop Stream

REI Pro Vs. Prop Stream

Rental Property Investor · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2018 · 141 posts · 165 votes

I am in the process of picking a CRM Software that I can use in my business. The two main software platforms I see the most is REI Pro and Prop Stream. Can someone tell me which one has the better system? Can you also elaborate on your experience with each software?

0Reply
72 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Ocala, FL · Member since 2013 · 22 posts · 21 votes
6y

I used REI Pro as my CRM for awhile and liked it. I found it to be very user friendly. I used the list scrubbing and the postcard mail campaign service only once, when they offered a special price. I did like the list maid, but preferred using a mail house for less expensive, custom mailers.

When I needed a CRM that would allow phone system integration for capturing incoming leads I switched to Podio and subscribed to PropStream for data research. PropStream lacks the simplicity of REIPro, however it is manageable. Although I'm still in the learning phase I am pleased with it so far. (I should add that I'm not 100% sure yet about the data quality as I did find some incorrect info on my personal property. Hoping that wont be an ongoing theme). I haven't used additional features/services PropStream offers so can't comment, but fellow investors in my network have and they praise it. PropStream support gets two thumbs up. When I did call with an issue, (couldn't view comps using Safari), support was right there, promptly and patiently walking me through a resolution. 

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Ocala, FL · Member since 2013 · 22 posts · 21 votes
    6y

    I used REI Pro as my CRM for awhile and liked it. I found it to be very user friendly. I used the list scrubbing and the postcard mail campaign service only once, when they offered a special price. I did like the list maid, but preferred using a mail house for less expensive, custom mailers.

    When I needed a CRM that would allow phone system integration for capturing incoming leads I switched to Podio and subscribed to PropStream for data research. PropStream lacks the simplicity of REIPro, however it is manageable. Although I'm still in the learning phase I am pleased with it so far. (I should add that I'm not 100% sure yet about the data quality as I did find some incorrect info on my personal property. Hoping that wont be an ongoing theme). I haven't used additional features/services PropStream offers so can't comment, but fellow investors in my network have and they praise it. PropStream support gets two thumbs up. When I did call with an issue, (couldn't view comps using Safari), support was right there, promptly and patiently walking me through a resolution. 

  • Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2015 · 301 posts · 99 votes
    6y

    @Pam Krull I’m in the process of integrating Propstream into Podio. I’m looking to work out of Podio exclusive for the workflow management features. Have you heard of Mellisa Data? I just ran across that this weekend.

  • Investor · Ocala, FL · Member since 2013 · 22 posts · 21 votes
    6y

    @Patrick Jackson Yes, I have heard of Melissa Data. I've not purchased lists from Melissa myself, however an investor I know used them almost exclusively and recommended them. (This was back in 2014, so the the quality of thier data may have changed since then). 

    Over the years I've primarily used ListSource for my mailing lists and had decent results. (Success fluctuates with the current market trend, freshness of the list, parameters set, etc.)

     I'm glad you brought up Melissa Data, thank you! Made me realize how comfortable I've become with the familiarity of ListSource and that I haven't explored alternatives in awhile. (Now the wheels are turning I can think of at least three other sources for lists that I could be looking into).

    I'm super curious about your project, integrating PropStream into Podio. I didn't know you could! (If that seems an elementary mistake please let me be the first to admit I'm not a tech person. :)   Can you share more about this?

  • Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2015 · 301 posts · 99 votes
    6y

    Hello Pam,

    Yes, Ive been an investor for 15 years and a project manager/integration tech for over 45.  Its not a easy route to federate data across resource points but in this case, there is always the option of parsing data as its sent.  You would have to set the criteria in your host data source and then grab that info as it is sent out, parsed via an email format and then map it to your target data source, this being Podio.  Takes some time, but can be done..

    Patrick

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.