Finding a list of Multifamily Properties and Owner information

Finding a list of Multifamily Properties and Owner information

Morristown, NJ · Member since 2020 · 3 posts · 0 votes

I am looking to gather feedback on the best websites/sources to get the name and phone numbers of absentee owners, or even just multifamily property owners in general. So far I have tried the following methods:

Listsource & REISkip: I paid for the list of 2-4 unit properties within several counties from Listsource which gave me the property addresses and the name of the owner. I then took that list and entered it into REISkip to get the phone numbers of these property owners. However I came across several issues with this method listed below:

1. Listsource left out a significant number of properties from their list. There were 5 duplex properties on my street alone that were not included in the list. In fact, there were no properties even listed within my town.

2. For the properties that it did generate, some of them had the wrong name listed. So consequently when I put it through REISkip, it would give me the wrong persons phone number. Not only that, but many of the phone numbers that were generated were lines that were no longer in service; which I am not sure whether that is the fault of ListSource or REISkip.

Haines.com: Haines.com does not generate the property owners information, rather it populates the information of the current resident of the property. So it could be giving me the information of a tenant and not the owner. I could attempt to take the list of properties from Haines and run it through REISkip, but the cheapest package from Haines.com is $999 for the year, which is tough to validate given the lack of property owner information.


So with all that said, can anyone recommend a website or a source or even a strategy that has worked for them to find multifamily properties, as well as the property owners name and phone number?

0Reply
42 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · SC NC, VA · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 756 votes
    6y

    There’s no city database that lists all owners by address?  Most cities have this as tax records are public.

  • Investor · Hilton Head Island, SC · Member since 2019 · 36 posts · 7 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Mark H. Porter:

    There’s no city database that lists all owners by address?  Most cities have this as tax records are public.


     Mark, I've gone through the tax assessors office for car washes but never for multi family. Can you share details on what exactly to say to the clerks? I was not aware the a duplex/triplex would show up in a way they could search.

  • New to Real Estate · Duluth, GA · Member since 2022 · 64 posts · 15 votes
    3y

    Following this- any one find out how to do it?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.