Honest and sincere mortgage broker licensed in Texas

Honest and sincere mortgage broker licensed in Texas

Rental Property Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2017 · 17 posts · 2 votes

I had a great mortgage broker in california who taught me all about loans. Unfortunately he is no more. He was also not licensed in Texas. He aggressively looked across lenders, was upfront on what his compensation was and also volunteered to show me the wholesale rate sheet for every loan he originated for me. He also looked into daily treasury rates and rate locked at his best guess optimum time. This gave me the peace of mind for each transaction and I did not shop around. I referred all my friends to him for their mortgage needs.. probably 20 loans from friends and 3 of my loans. 

I am looking to develop a similar relationship for my future deals here in Texas. I have done 3 loans/refinance here in Austin (Texas) and I am having a hard time finding such a person here. Is there any mortgage broker out there like that. So the criteria is the following

1. Upfront compensation disclosure

2. Access to many lenders

3. Willing to show the wholesale rate sheet, the date the loan is locked

4. Secure and easy to use document management system that avoids unnecessary work for both of us 

5. Investor friendly

---

Ability to guesstimate mortgage rate trend an added bonus but not necessary. 

Thanks

--prasanna

0Reply
22 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Austin, TX · Member since 2014 · 636 posts · 486 votes
    6y

    Hi @Prasanna K.,

    I don't know whether they'll be able to check all your boxes, but lately UFCU has been blowing all my other lender's rates out of the water. They're a non-profit, so their compensation structure is much more transparent than at most others. If you'd like a specific recommendation, PM me and I'll send you my guy.

  • Real Estate Agent · Georgetown, TX · Member since 2016 · 169 posts · 107 votes
    6y

    @Prasanna K. I have a lender you should speak with as well. He is a broker and their rates and fees are excellent. He handles all my investment loans and I refer him to all my clients. I'll PM you.

  • Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    @Poem Turner I am also interested in learning more! Thank you :)

  • Real Estate Agent · Georgetown, TX · Member since 2016 · 169 posts · 107 votes
    5y

    @Jessica Ridella Happy to share. I'll DM you.

  • Member since 2020 · 1 post · 0 votes
    5y

    @Poem Turner I would also be interested! I appreciate the help! 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.