Best short term rental markets in Georgia?

Best short term rental markets in Georgia?

Realtor · Cumming, GA · Member since 2018 · 158 posts · 127 votes

Looking to get my first couple of short term rentals in the next year or two. What are the best short term rental markets in Georgia?

Outside of Georgia, where else?

0Reply
59 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2019 · 10 posts · 8 votes
6y

Hi Connor,

To me, it depends on how much you have to invest. I work in RE in Atlanta and I work in the film industry where I locate short term (3 weeks - 9 months+) furnished rentals for film crew and cast. The Atlanta market is very hot for this, particularly in certain neighborhoods of Atlanta near the Beltline (Inman Park, Old 4th Ward, Midtown, Cabbagetown, Reynoldstown). If you have the $ to do so, purchasing a property in those areas and getting a great designer, and you can expect $4K - $10K+/mo for rentals, depending on size and location (but you'd be looking at $400K+ for a 2 bedroom bungalow in these areas). Let me know if you're interested in learning more, and I'm glad to connect.

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Greater Tampa Bay · Member since 2017 · 392 posts · 290 votes
    6y

    @Connor Cushman Realtor Magazine recently released their top STR destinations. Georgia had two in the top 10.

    9. Ellijay, Ga.

    • Median home sale price: $226,685
    • Cap rate: 6.4%

    10. Blue Ridge, Ga.

    • Median home sale price: $291,595
    • Cap rate: 6.3%
  • Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2020 · 148 posts · 97 votes
    6y

    Southeast Georgia along the coast are popular vacation rental destinations.  A study done by Rented, Inc. rated the FL panhandle for best return on investment if you are looking outside of GA.

  • Realtor · Cumming, GA · Member since 2018 · 158 posts · 127 votes
    6y

    @Luke R. That’s awesome. Thank you!

  • Realtor · Cumming, GA · Member since 2018 · 158 posts · 127 votes
    6y

    @Melissa Wesling love the FL panhandle. Good call out

  • Real Estate Agent · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2019 · 10 posts · 8 votes
    6y

    Hi Connor,

    To me, it depends on how much you have to invest. I work in RE in Atlanta and I work in the film industry where I locate short term (3 weeks - 9 months+) furnished rentals for film crew and cast. The Atlanta market is very hot for this, particularly in certain neighborhoods of Atlanta near the Beltline (Inman Park, Old 4th Ward, Midtown, Cabbagetown, Reynoldstown). If you have the $ to do so, purchasing a property in those areas and getting a great designer, and you can expect $4K - $10K+/mo for rentals, depending on size and location (but you'd be looking at $400K+ for a 2 bedroom bungalow in these areas). Let me know if you're interested in learning more, and I'm glad to connect.

  • Member since 2020 · 12 posts · 2 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Jill Lutz:

    Hi Connor,

    To me, it depends on how much you have to invest. I work in RE in Atlanta and I work in the film industry where I locate short term (3 weeks - 9 months+) furnished rentals for film crew and cast. The Atlanta market is very hot for this, particularly in certain neighborhoods of Atlanta near the Beltline (Inman Park, Old 4th Ward, Midtown, Cabbagetown, Reynoldstown). If you have the $ to do so, purchasing a property in those areas and getting a great designer, and you can expect $4K - $10K+/mo for rentals, depending on size and location (but you'd be looking at $400K+ for a 2 bedroom bungalow in these areas). Let me know if you're interested in learning more, and I'm glad to connect.

    Jill, 

    I'm interested in what you are proposing for investing in short term rentals. 

    Thank you, 

    Moises Diaz

    (571) 275-2984

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.