Hi! I'm Katja (Kuh-tee-uh) from California!

Hi! I'm Katja (Kuh-tee-uh) from California!

Investor · CA · Member since 2020 · 4 posts · 14 votes

Hi! My name is Katja (Kuh-tee-uh).

You can basically find me on any social media as Kuhteeuh.

I am a DJ/producer and model from the Bay Area, but work all over California and out of state. The bigger I grow, the more I travel.

I just graduated from San Francisco State University in Spring 2020 with my Bachelor's Degree in Communications & Marketing.

I never wanted to work a 9-5 job, and have successfully made money without one for the past 5 years.

Recently, I have been reading a lot about investing into real-estate because it's something I know I want to do.

I started by reading the book "Rich Dad Poor Dad" by Robert Kiyosaki, which inspired me to read the book "How to Invest in Real Estate" by Brandon Turner and Joshua Dorkin, and now I am on my third book "Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat" by David Greene. I am so interested in these books and learning these things that I'm on a one-book-a-week binge.

I'm looking to buy a rental property soon. I want to use the brrrr method. I have been looking mostly in California, but am open to out of state options!

I was looking for something I could buy (in cash) for maybe 50k, fix it up for 10-20k, and make a profit off of it!

I have a big network, but not in real-estate, but that's why I'm on here hoping to meet people so we can all grow together!

Feel free to connect with me! <3

8Reply
18 views

Most Popular Reply

Robert EllisBusiness Member
Developer · Miami, FL · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
5y
Originally posted by @Katja Jeschke:

Hi! My name is Katja (Kuh-tee-uh).

You can basically find me on any social media as Kuhteeuh.

I am a DJ/producer and model from the Bay Area, but work all over California and out of state. The bigger I grow, the more I travel.

I just graduated from San Francisco State University in Spring 2020 with my Bachelor's Degree in Communications & Marketing.

I never wanted to work a 9-5 job, and have successfully made money without one for the past 5 years.

Recently, I have been reading a lot about investing into real-estate because it's something I know I want to do.

I started by reading the book "Rich Dad Poor Dad" by Robert Kiyosaki, which inspired me to read the book "How to Invest in Real Estate" by Brandon Turner and Joshua Dorkin, and now I am on my third book "Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat" by David Greene. I am so interested in these books and learning these things that I'm on a one-book-a-week binge.

I'm looking to buy a rental property soon. I want to use the brrrr method. I have been looking mostly in California, but am open to out of state options!

I was looking for something I could buy (in cash) for maybe 50k, fix it up for 10-20k, and make a profit off of it!

I have a big network, but not in real-estate, but that's why I'm on here hoping to meet people so we can all grow together!

Feel free to connect with me! <3

Welcome to biggerpockets, if you're looking for an out of area market I would highly recommend looking at Columbus, OH! 

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Smyrna, GA · Member since 2018 · 974 posts · 645 votes
    6y

    Welcome @Katja Jeschke! You'll find a lot of support on here and answers to questions. Happy to connect and if you have any questions along the way, don't hesitate to reach out. All the best!

  • Investor · Los Altos, CA · Member since 2014 · 942 posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    @Katja Jeschke congrats on making the move into real estate. Not to crush your move, but $50k cash for a property in CA is really not possible. I am not sure what areas you have been searching but you most likely will not find anything in that price range that you can easily flip. I say this not to stop your dreams, but to potentially re-direct them to another market or strategy. I am sure your time and effort will be better used if you look in a market that fits your price range. At the same time I would not discourage you from looking in CA, but you need to put together a larger war chest.

    Best of luck to you!

  • Realtor · Columbus & Cleveland, OH · Member since 2019 · 44 posts · 60 votes
    5y

    Hi Katja, have you looked into Columbus, Ohio? I see properties meeting your criteria everyday. Id love to chat more with you!

  • Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    Hi @Katja Jeschke, Columbus, OH might be a good option for you. 

  • Remington LymanBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 6k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Katja Jeschke:

    Hi! My name is Katja (Kuh-tee-uh).

    You can basically find me on any social media as Kuhteeuh.

    I am a DJ/producer and model from the Bay Area, but work all over California and out of state. The bigger I grow, the more I travel.

    I just graduated from San Francisco State University in Spring 2020 with my Bachelor's Degree in Communications & Marketing.

    I never wanted to work a 9-5 job, and have successfully made money without one for the past 5 years.

    Recently, I have been reading a lot about investing into real-estate because it's something I know I want to do.

    I started by reading the book "Rich Dad Poor Dad" by Robert Kiyosaki, which inspired me to read the book "How to Invest in Real Estate" by Brandon Turner and Joshua Dorkin, and now I am on my third book "Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat" by David Greene. I am so interested in these books and learning these things that I'm on a one-book-a-week binge.

    I'm looking to buy a rental property soon. I want to use the brrrr method. I have been looking mostly in California, but am open to out of state options!

    I was looking for something I could buy (in cash) for maybe 50k, fix it up for 10-20k, and make a profit off of it!

    I have a big network, but not in real-estate, but that's why I'm on here hoping to meet people so we can all grow together!

    Feel free to connect with me! <3

     I highly recommend checking out Columbus, Ohio for out of state investing

  • Cleveland, OH · Member since 2020 · 21 posts · 29 votes
    5y

    Hi Katja. Welcome to BP. It sounds like you're doing everything right. Keep doing what you're doing and feel free to reach out to me if you ever have any questions regarding real estate investing or the real estate market in Cleveland, OH. Best of luck to you

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Katja Jeschke:

    Hi! My name is Katja (Kuh-tee-uh).

    You can basically find me on any social media as Kuhteeuh.

    I am a DJ/producer and model from the Bay Area, but work all over California and out of state. The bigger I grow, the more I travel.

    I just graduated from San Francisco State University in Spring 2020 with my Bachelor's Degree in Communications & Marketing.

    I never wanted to work a 9-5 job, and have successfully made money without one for the past 5 years.

    Recently, I have been reading a lot about investing into real-estate because it's something I know I want to do.

    I started by reading the book "Rich Dad Poor Dad" by Robert Kiyosaki, which inspired me to read the book "How to Invest in Real Estate" by Brandon Turner and Joshua Dorkin, and now I am on my third book "Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat" by David Greene. I am so interested in these books and learning these things that I'm on a one-book-a-week binge.

    I'm looking to buy a rental property soon. I want to use the brrrr method. I have been looking mostly in California, but am open to out of state options!

    I was looking for something I could buy (in cash) for maybe 50k, fix it up for 10-20k, and make a profit off of it!

    I have a big network, but not in real-estate, but that's why I'm on here hoping to meet people so we can all grow together!

    Feel free to connect with me! <3

     Welcome to the party.

  • Robert EllisBusiness Member
    Developer · Miami, FL · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Katja Jeschke:

    Hi! My name is Katja (Kuh-tee-uh).

    You can basically find me on any social media as Kuhteeuh.

    I am a DJ/producer and model from the Bay Area, but work all over California and out of state. The bigger I grow, the more I travel.

    I just graduated from San Francisco State University in Spring 2020 with my Bachelor's Degree in Communications & Marketing.

    I never wanted to work a 9-5 job, and have successfully made money without one for the past 5 years.

    Recently, I have been reading a lot about investing into real-estate because it's something I know I want to do.

    I started by reading the book "Rich Dad Poor Dad" by Robert Kiyosaki, which inspired me to read the book "How to Invest in Real Estate" by Brandon Turner and Joshua Dorkin, and now I am on my third book "Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat" by David Greene. I am so interested in these books and learning these things that I'm on a one-book-a-week binge.

    I'm looking to buy a rental property soon. I want to use the brrrr method. I have been looking mostly in California, but am open to out of state options!

    I was looking for something I could buy (in cash) for maybe 50k, fix it up for 10-20k, and make a profit off of it!

    I have a big network, but not in real-estate, but that's why I'm on here hoping to meet people so we can all grow together!

    Feel free to connect with me! <3

    Welcome to biggerpockets, if you're looking for an out of area market I would highly recommend looking at Columbus, OH! 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.