5 plex with a 25% carry back and 75% Commercial loan

5 plex with a 25% carry back and 75% Commercial loan

Homeowner · Windsor, CA · Member since 2014 · 10 posts · 7 votes

Hey all,

I am currently negotiating on a 5 plex and the owner is willing to carry back 25% of the purchase price as my down payment so I can remain liquid.  The 25% would be amortized over 20 years with a 4 year balloon. The property is under rented by approximately $500/month.  

My question is how do I structure this with the bank that is providing the commercial financing on the remaining 75%.

I have found that if I tell the bank that the 25% is a carry back they don't want to loan on the property because I don't have skin in the game.  

Thank you in advance for your advice.  If you need more info, please ask.

0Reply
13 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Alex BekezaBusiness Member
    Lender · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    @David McCready I think you're very unlikely to find an institutional/commercial lender willing to allow the 100% CLTV. You'd likely need to rely on a private lender until you're at a point where a bank could payoff both notes. The risk is too high for a bank and even too high for 9/10 hard money lenders.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.