Northwest Arkansas Real Estate Investing

Northwest Arkansas Real Estate Investing

Rental Property Investor · Fort Collins, CO · Member since 2016 · 59 posts · 20 votes

Hello,

I am looking to expand long distance to north west Arkansas with a goal to buy 1-2 properties a year. I’m looking to find investors, real estate agents, lenders, and property managers that I can net work with to start finding some deals and making this goal happen.

Thank you.

0Reply
65 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Springdale, AR · Member since 2019 · 12 posts · 10 votes
5y

Hey Matthew! I just moved to NWA recently and submitted an offer on my first duplex last night. If you need any boots on the ground in the future just let me know! 

For agents, I really like @Ryan Blackstone and his team. Ryan's brother, Jarred, is my agent, and he has been extremely helpful. Ryan has been house hacking for 7 seven years and just recently finished up a BRRRR in Fayetteville and Jarred owns multiple buy and hold properties.

This is my first time buying a house so Jarred's experience has been a huge help to me personally. He teaches me a lot at every property we go and see. I'm sure that part of this is because I have a lot to learn, but I really appreciate that he takes the time. For example, at the first house I visited Jarred got on his hands and knees and knocked on the tile to show me what tile that wasn't installed well would sound like. They are focused on the financial projections for the property, and I appreciate that. Every time I'm interested in a property Jarred sends over an Excel file with a detailed property analysis with each property so that I can compare with mine.

I don't have experience closing on a property yet, but I've heard Iberia Bank recommended a fair amount. Specifically Conrad Eberhard and, I believe, Trent Armstrong was the other loan officer recommended at Iberia Bank. I've been working with Conrad, & he has been pretty quick, including on the weekends and evenings.

Also, I see you're a fellow dev. If you're considering moving to NWA there's a possibility you would get $10k. Ryan sent me this link, check it out: $10K Relocation

Lastly, Ryan had recommended looking at the Skyline Report & I've found it helpful to know what numbers to project for vacancy, rent, etc since it includes numbers from the Great Recession.

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Springdale, AR · Member since 2019 · 12 posts · 10 votes
    5y

    Hey Matthew! I just moved to NWA recently and submitted an offer on my first duplex last night. If you need any boots on the ground in the future just let me know! 

    For agents, I really like @Ryan Blackstone and his team. Ryan's brother, Jarred, is my agent, and he has been extremely helpful. Ryan has been house hacking for 7 seven years and just recently finished up a BRRRR in Fayetteville and Jarred owns multiple buy and hold properties.

    This is my first time buying a house so Jarred's experience has been a huge help to me personally. He teaches me a lot at every property we go and see. I'm sure that part of this is because I have a lot to learn, but I really appreciate that he takes the time. For example, at the first house I visited Jarred got on his hands and knees and knocked on the tile to show me what tile that wasn't installed well would sound like. They are focused on the financial projections for the property, and I appreciate that. Every time I'm interested in a property Jarred sends over an Excel file with a detailed property analysis with each property so that I can compare with mine.

    I don't have experience closing on a property yet, but I've heard Iberia Bank recommended a fair amount. Specifically Conrad Eberhard and, I believe, Trent Armstrong was the other loan officer recommended at Iberia Bank. I've been working with Conrad, & he has been pretty quick, including on the weekends and evenings.

    Also, I see you're a fellow dev. If you're considering moving to NWA there's a possibility you would get $10k. Ryan sent me this link, check it out: $10K Relocation

    Lastly, Ryan had recommended looking at the Skyline Report & I've found it helpful to know what numbers to project for vacancy, rent, etc since it includes numbers from the Great Recession.

  • Specialist · Huntsville, AL · Member since 2020 · 200 posts · 105 votes
    5y

    @Mathew Fuller If you have an LLC, I work with multiple commercial lenders that can help.

  • Real Estate Broker · Fayetteville, AR · Member since 2017 · 375 posts · 240 votes
    5y

    @Sam Ventocilla I appreciate you so much! Thanks so much for the kind words. We love that you are truly serious about investing and setting yourself up for future success. @Mathew Fuller I will send you our lenders and recommendations. Like David Greene says, use each team member to keep the other accountable. That way you know you are getting great information.

  • New to Real Estate · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2020 · 39 posts · 14 votes
    5y

    Hi All. I am also interested in this market. I am from out of state. Is it best to set up an LLC prior to investing out of state?

  • Real Estate Broker · Fayetteville, AR · Member since 2017 · 375 posts · 240 votes
    5y

    @Al L.. There is a cost for setting up an LLC. I would honestly find a deal and get it under contract. And then switch the purchaser to the LLC. You will have to make sure your bank knows that is your plan. I say this, because the harder thing is to find the deal and getting it under contract. This is just my opinion. I have some CPA's/Attorneys that I can recommend if you would like.

  • Investor · Bentonville, AR · Member since 2020 · 23 posts · 6 votes
    5y

    @Ryan Blackstone do you have a suggestion for a real estate attorney here in NWA?

  • Real Estate Broker · Fayetteville, AR · Member since 2017 · 375 posts · 240 votes
    5y

    Yes I do. I will send you a private message. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.