Realtor, General Contractor, and Developer · Redding, CA · Member since 2009 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
Hello everyone! I wanted to check in and ask how the investors in Redding are doing during these times? I had started a meetup that was getting a solid build up, but unfortunately, Covid hit and I had to stop it. However; the real estate market here hasn't stopped at all, and it's blazing. In fact the demand is stronger than I've ever seen it, though prices are high. We also have a very strong rental market, and that too has high demand from investors wanting to purchase.
It's definitely a sellers market here, the problem is, we can't find sellers. What are all of you seeing as far as tenants, and paying rents?
Question about the new CA laws ... If a property is for sale but currently has tenants in it, but the buyer is buying for their primary residence, do eviction laws still apply?
Please chime in if you're from the area too, so we can know who's still around!
Very new at this game I live in cottonwood California and I would be interested in going to meet up if my schedule would allow. I plan on renting my house out in cottonwood California and relocating to Missouri. I would like to see what the local tricks and tips are to protecting ourselves as landlords in California thank you my name is Ryan have a good day
@Karen Margrave I, unfortunately, wasn’t able to make it to the last meet up, but I am still very interested in going to future meet-ups. I’m still new to real estate investing in general, but @Justin H. has been super helpful with giving me advice.
I’m still focused on wholesaling at the moment, but my goal is to eventually acquire rental properties of my own. I’m thinking short-term rentals is they way I want to go, but like I said I have a lot to learn and I’m open to any and all advice.
I am a new investor looking for 4-plexes and small commerical units.
I currently reside in Redding as well and I would be very interested in meetups or any existing groups.
As mentioned above, I have noticed very little inventory and the inventory that exists seems to be very expesnive relative to what I believe constitutes a good deal (at least in my inexperienced view).
Realtor, General Contractor, and Developer · Redding, CA · Member since 2009 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
4y
@Jaedon Carlisle Welcome! You're right there's few units on the market, but they do come up and if you're ready to commit, you can find something. However; none of them are going to be "deals". We have an extremely competitive market, huge demand and low inventory. Add to that top dollar is being paid for rentals. I am considering starting a new REI Meetup for Redding members of BP and the public at large. Unfortunately, we just don't have enough BP members right now that can make meetups. I'm sure it's more due to the market conditions. I'm a Realtor and General Contractor with years of experience in Redding, buying, selling and developing properties; and will be happy to answer any questions you have about the market, the area, types of properties, etc. Set your keyword alerts for Redding, Redding Investors, etc.
Investor · Redding, CA · Member since 2019 · 48 posts · 14 votes
4y
@Karen Margrave Im still interested in coming to the meetups that you were organizing. Wondering with your general contractor experience if you had any contacts down at the City of Redding planning department? I purchased a home near Bethels new campus with a large lot and a portion of the lot is an access easement for another vacant property. The owner has agreed to give up this access if he can secure alternative access but has been running into issues with the City of Redding. The reason I am trying to free up this property is I would like to have an adu built on it eventually. Thanks for any help you may offer.
Realtor, General Contractor, and Developer · Redding, CA · Member since 2009 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
4y
It's definitely one of those issues that is very specific, and would need to be worked out with Planning. I would suggest one or both of you go talk to a Civil Engineer and ask if they can see a way to accomplish what you are trying to do. They will know the code, etc., and have relationships at the City. It will probably save you a lot of time and headaches to go that route. Butler Engineering is good. Are you actually building the ADU or contracting out? On Meetups, I wasn't getting enough people consistently to do it. I'm thinking of opening it up to other investors, and not just BP. I will be posting in the future. I am waiting to see where this market is headed, as I know a lot of people are sitting on the fence right now.
Hello @Karen Margrave and the rest of the Redding area investors!
I’m interested in networking and meeting up as well.
I'm looking to do my first BRRRR or flip this year so let's all stay connected and make some deals
Welcome Jack. Hopefully we will be setting up a meet up soon! Things are starting to change in our local area and its a great time to buy a rental property.
Realtor, General Contractor, and Developer · Redding, CA · Member since 2009 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
4y
Hello everyone. I haven't forgotten about Meetups, etc. I've just been swamped, showing properties, with everyone trying to tie stuff down before rates go up again. At the same time, there's so many people on the fence, thinking prices are going to crash. It's a crazy time for sure! I am going to schedule another meetup, beginning in September. however the last one only had a few people, and they only work if we have good participation. We talked about opening the meetups to the general public, and not just BP members to get more people. let me know what topics you'd like to get more expertise on, and I'll line up some people to come so we can pick their brains. (Insurance, Loans, Zoning, STR, ADU's, ?? )
Hello everyone. I haven't forgotten about Meetups, etc. I've just been swamped, showing properties, with everyone trying to tie stuff down before rates go up again. At the same time, there's so many people on the fence, thinking prices are going to crash. It's a crazy time for sure! I am going to schedule another meetup, beginning in September. however the last one only had a few people, and they only work if we have good participation. We talked about opening the meetups to the general public, and not just BP members to get more people. let me know what topics you'd like to get more expertise on, and I'll line up some people to come so we can pick their brains. (Insurance, Loans, Zoning, STR, ADU's, ?? )
Realtor, General Contractor, and Developer · Redding, CA · Member since 2009 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
1y
Hello everyone!! I'm going to be getting a meetup going for the Redding area if there's enough interest. I've actually started meetups in Orange County, and Bend, Oregon, that did very well. For some reason the mindset of Redding investors is a little different, and I haven't been able to get one to take root. Please comment if you're interested in a Redding Meetup. What types of properties are you focusing on? Are you into LTR, STR, Multi unit, land development, funding projects, or ? I'd like to know so that I can find guest speakers that bring value to the meetings.
We did spec new construction for years, but the past few years haven't made since for spec building. Hoping fuel prices and rates come down, and things turn around. I have some great projects stored in my head!! Please call or text me if you have questions, it's the fastest way to catch me! Areas:Redding, Anderson, Cottonwood, Palo Cedro, Millville, Red Bluff, Tehama County, Shasta Lake, Lake Shasta