Best area to invest in Austin

Best area to invest in Austin

Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 0 votes

I am new to real estate investing and was looking which areas are the best to invest in Austin, looking both at cashflow and appreciation.

Budget: 300K

Areas I am currently looking at:

1. North Loop
2. Round Rock

3.Pflugerville

Any recommendations on which areas are the best to invest in?

Also let me know your thoughts on : https://www.zillow.com/homedet...

Thanks

0Reply
40 views

Most Popular Reply

Ryan KellyBusiness Member
Real Estate Broker · Austin, TX · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
5y

@Ashish Telang A $300,000 price point would be impossible inside the city limits, and very difficult in the closer suburbs of Round Rock and Pflugerville. While homes may be listed at that price, by the time the receive multiple offers way above asking, the home will close well above that price. I agree with @Jordan Moorhead to look outside the core suburbs to the smaller towns farther out. I'm thinking Taylor, Elgin, Bastrop, San Marcos, Lockhart, etc.

Ryan Kelly Group - Keller Williams5112 Reviews
See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jordan MoorheadBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Austin, TX · Member since 2015 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    5y

    @Ashish Telang I would look further outside of Austin if you're looking for cashflow. Maybe Taylor, Killeen, Bastrop and San Marcos.

  • Ryan KellyBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Austin, TX · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    @Ashish Telang A $300,000 price point would be impossible inside the city limits, and very difficult in the closer suburbs of Round Rock and Pflugerville. While homes may be listed at that price, by the time the receive multiple offers way above asking, the home will close well above that price. I agree with @Jordan Moorhead to look outside the core suburbs to the smaller towns farther out. I'm thinking Taylor, Elgin, Bastrop, San Marcos, Lockhart, etc.

    Ryan Kelly Group - Keller Williams5112 Reviews
  • Member since 2017 · 93 posts · 44 votes
    5y

    350k is probably the new 300k in suburbs of Austin (Leander/ pflugerville). 

  • Flipper/Rehabber · San Marcos, TX · Member since 2016 · 128 posts · 38 votes
    5y

    @Ashish Telang I am a realtor in the San Marcos, Buda, Kyle area. Would love to help out.

  • Specialist · Plano, TX · Member since 2020 · 2k+ posts · 861 votes
    5y

    As other folks have mentioned, don't sleep on the cities surrounding Austin. You'd be surprised @Ashish Telang

  • Dan BurstainBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Austin, TX · Member since 2014 · 360 posts · 331 votes
    5y

    There are a few positive cash flow places further out but the places you mentioned are good and have a few break even spots.  Georgetown and New Braunfels have positive cash flow on new to newer homes.

    Dan Burstain, Investment Realtor51 Review
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.