how do you switch back to the old format this facebook look sucks

how do you switch back to the old format this facebook look sucks

Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes

how do you get back to the old format.. one of the best features is you can go right to the end of the thread immediately 

this new format I think is going to really cause less participation. 

32Reply
72 views

Most Popular Reply

Mindy JensenPro Member
BiggerPockets Money Podcast Host · Longmont, CO · Member since 2014 · 7k+ posts · 10k+ votes
5y

@Jay Hinrichs, @Taylor L. and @Karl B. thank you for this feedback. I am sharing all of this with our Development team. We're going to look at how to incorporate this into our plans for improving user experience. 

See this reply in the discussion

45 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Northern, CA · Member since 2012 · 5k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    5y

    @Greg M. just hit on the vast majority of my issues with this latest update.  Is there a way to just screenshot his post and attach it to the survey so I don't have to re-type everything? Lol

    Speaking of surveys, maybe next time BP should do a survey/get input BEFORE making all these drastic changes?  Instead of just trying this shotgun approach where you force all these new/unwanted changes and then get all the feedback afterward saying that nobody actually likes them.  

    And yes, I know there's been a few surveys done over the years on various things.  But I guarantee no one suggested these changes.  I mean come on...who would seriously say "Hey I think it'd be a great idea to get rid of that handy skip to the last unread post button, I love re-reading 4 pages of previously read posts."  Or "How about we give users a chance to vote on a topic before they've actually read it!"  

    Keeping my fingers crossed this is all just temporary...

  • Lititz, PA · Member since 2013 · 595 posts · 272 votes
    5y

    Totally Agree!  It's a real turn-off.

  • Developer · New York City & L.I. · Member since 2013 · 79 posts · 29 votes
    5y

    Old Format PLEASE!!

  • Member since 2021 · 237 posts · 153 votes
    5y

    @Jay Hinrichs

    Seems like beta testing is a bad word around BP. Remember the lost search feature?

  • Member since 2021 · 237 posts · 153 votes
    5y

    @Mary M.

    Yep I do the same. And to make sure it sticks for a few months I delete my account and when I come back start another one under a random name/ email.

  • WorldWide · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    at least you were able to keep the old format/theme before, but they've disabled it now. everything is going mobile, but it's atrocious to see how much space is wasted on a nice wide screen monitor. the good ol' "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" fits to the T here. i say keep the old format for the desktops and the new one for the cell users, or at least have that option to switch back and forth. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Vancouver, WA · Member since 2017 · 181 posts · 115 votes
    5y

    I like to use the phone app to browse threads when I’m not at my desktop. I’m also NOT a fan of the threads starting at the beginning of a thread. Definitely not something I see from other sites I use for other activities. I always want to start at the most recent post, not at the beginning. 

  • Rental Property Investor · TN · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    5y

    Hate the new format.  Way too little content for the amount of scrolling to see what posts are there.  Posts are repeated a lot and the same sponsored things over and over.  Sometimes I give up before even finding a post to open.  I liked being able to look at a list of 20 or so posts and see what was there instead of 2 or 3 posts and then scrolling....

  • Rental Property Investor · Concord, GA · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    5y

    I'm thankful to discover I'm not the only one that thinks the new version is lousy. It may be ideal for some but I find it a frustrating experience and have been spending more time on the facebook page. I would call it new and unimproved.

  • WorldWide · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    Just to show how bad this new stuff is. This was taken on 4/4 8:02 pm CST just now. My followed threads. 

  • Denver · Member since 2020 · 8 posts · 10 votes
    5y

    Hey everyone, I'm the chief technology officer of BiggerPockets. I appreciate everyone's feedback here. I want you to know that we're listening, and I apologize that recent changes did not improve your experience in using the forums. We have a major new design in the works that incorporates much of your feedback and that I think you'll love. We're shooting to have it released at the end of the second quarter. In the meantime, I appreciate your patience. Also, if you're willing to be interviewed by our product team and test out our new design, please DM me. Thanks everyone.

  • WorldWide · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Robert Norris:

    Hey everyone, I'm the chief technology officer of BiggerPockets. I appreciate everyone's feedback here. I want you to know that we're listening, and I apologize that recent changes did not improve your experience in using the forums. We have a major new design in the works that incorporates much of your feedback and that I think you'll love. We're shooting to have it released at the end of the second quarter. In the meantime, I appreciate your patience. Also, if you're willing to be interviewed by our product team and test out our new design, please DM me. Thanks everyone.

    end of 2Q? Have you ran any calcs on how many users you're going to lose by then? why not give us that button back that brings the old format until then? 

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    OP
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Robert Norris:

    Hey everyone, I'm the chief technology officer of BiggerPockets. I appreciate everyone's feedback here. I want you to know that we're listening, and I apologize that recent changes did not improve your experience in using the forums. We have a major new design in the works that incorporates much of your feedback and that I think you'll love. We're shooting to have it released at the end of the second quarter. In the meantime, I appreciate your patience. Also, if you're willing to be interviewed by our product team and test out our new design, please DM me. Thanks everyone.

    May I make a suggestion maybe you do a sticky post that stays at the top that explains that this is not how its going to be and you bullet point the things that will come back  Like the last reply button etc etc.. the stuff that the power users really need to make this site enjoyable.  just a suggestion.

  • Colleen F.Pro Member
    Investor · Narragansett, RI · Member since 2013 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    5y

    @Robert Norris  Why do this and then a big update in another quarter? 

    And please you have to bring back the go to last post or whatever it was called button ASAP it is really a challenge to follow a thread that was heavily contributed to. Scroll , scroll , click,  scroll......    please.     We are going to go  give up waiting ....

  • Investor · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 708 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Robert Norris:

    Hey everyone, I'm the chief technology officer of BiggerPockets. I appreciate everyone's feedback here. I want you to know that we're listening, and I apologize that recent changes did not improve your experience in using the forums. We have a major new design in the works that incorporates much of your feedback and that I think you'll love. We're shooting to have it released at the end of the second quarter. In the meantime, I appreciate your patience. Also, if you're willing to be interviewed by our product team and test out our new design, please DM me. Thanks everyone.

    This is a pretty ignorant post for "chief technology officer" - if you are REALLY interested in providing the best service, you will restore the old format (or an option to chose the old format) until you are ready to roll out the new features.  What a daft approach to force a change and then say "oh, we will have something better in 3 months".  Really?

  • WorldWide · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Andrew S.:
    Originally posted by @Robert Norris:

    Hey everyone, I'm the chief technology officer of BiggerPockets. I appreciate everyone's feedback here. I want you to know that we're listening, and I apologize that recent changes did not improve your experience in using the forums. We have a major new design in the works that incorporates much of your feedback and that I think you'll love. We're shooting to have it released at the end of the second quarter. In the meantime, I appreciate your patience. Also, if you're willing to be interviewed by our product team and test out our new design, please DM me. Thanks everyone.

    This is a pretty ignorant post for "chief technology officer" - if you are REALLY interested in providing the best service, you will restore the old format (or an option to chose the old format) until you are ready to roll out the new features.  What a daft approach to force a change and then say "oh, we will have something better in 3 months".  Really?

    money shot. i can already tell the level of engagement is dropping thru the floor. 

  • Lititz, PA · Member since 2013 · 595 posts · 272 votes
    5y
    The previous (and better) format is now on my screen.  Much better.  Thanks
  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    OP
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @William Coet:
    The previous (and better) format is now on my screen.  Much better.  Thanks

    Yes agreed  ..  I am all for keeping up with the times.. but some of the features that are in my mind mandatory need to be saved.  I hope they will get the new look they are going for and not do away with the features that make the site usable for those that are heavy participants. 

  • Colleen F.Pro Member
    Investor · Narragansett, RI · Member since 2013 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    5y

    @Robert Norris  Thank you!   I can happily jump to last post now in my followed threads!    Hope all our early feedback was helpful to your final plans for changes!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.