How much have you grown your cash flow income while working a W2?

How much have you grown your cash flow income while working a W2?

Rental Property Investor · Member since 2020 · 35 posts · 18 votes

Sorry if the title sounds asking, I wanted to get right to the point to get the attention of my target audience and not waste anyone else's time.

Even with a full-time W2 job, how much passive income from RE investing are you able to earn every month and how long did it take you to get here?

I am looking to get some(or a lot of) motivation and learnings in RE Investing and hoping all the W2 earners making progress towards the dream of FI can help me.

I know you all have limited time so I really appreciate you paying it forward and I hope I can be helpful by sharing the synthesis of all my learnings in the very near future.

Just to break it down, looking for simple answers to the two questions below :)

  1. 1) What is your cash flow income per month right now? Gross rental income - expenses(Principal, Interest + Insurance + taxes + Utilities + Vacancy + Property Management + Capex + Maintenance Repairs)
  2. 2) How long did it take for you to get here? :)
  3. At what passive income, would you be in a position to quit your full-time job (if you wanted to)and still maintain your lifestyle? :)

Just to give an example to make your life easier, your answer could be as simple as

1) $3.7k per month

2) 3 years

3) $8k per month

Hope you all have a great July 4th weekend!

0Reply
27 views

Most Popular Reply

Member since 2021 · 17 posts · 76 votes
5y

1) 3.8k

2) 1.5 years while doing 50 hrs at W2

3) $10k per month

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2021 · 17 posts · 76 votes
    5y

    1) 3.8k

    2) 1.5 years while doing 50 hrs at W2

    3) $10k per month

  • Rental Property Investor · Member since 2020 · 35 posts · 18 votes
    5y

    Bumping this. Anyone? Can use some inspiration please :) 

  • Morris County, NJ · Member since 2020 · 5k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    5y

    @Felix Stone

    Not to be off topic, but you might want to check out this discussion that has been going on:  https://www.biggerpockets.com/...

    To your questions, I don't have my numbers handy.  I know mine is quircky since I never would have been able to guess the trajectory of costs and rents.  Sorry.

  • John MorganPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Grand Prairie, TX · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    5y

    @Felix Stone

    1) 5k

    2) 5 years

    3) 10k

    But 8 of my loans are 15 year mortgages which kills cash flow. But I’m ok making only 5k/month now off these since I’ve got a W2. When they’re all paid off in the next 11-13 years, cash flow will be 10-12k/month which is the goal.

  • Rental Property Investor · Member since 2020 · 35 posts · 18 votes
    5y

    @David M. Thanks I am checking it out now. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.