NEW YORK MARKET : CONDO VS HOUSE?

NEW YORK MARKET : CONDO VS HOUSE?

Investor · NY · Member since 2018 · 29 posts · 6 votes

Hi all looking to get advise on what I should do. I live in the New york area and was planning on buying a house asap. I currently out of a lease and have the following options: Continue Renting, House hunt or Condo Shops

This will be my first time purchasing!

The market right now is so hot and it seems like I can not afford a house with the current situation, maybe another year. I am looking into condos which I can maybe work and fix up for a year or 2. I just don't know how to feel about condos since I really hear people pushing more towards House. Let me know what you think and any advise out there will be appreciated. Thank you!

0Reply
10 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2018 · 311 posts · 149 votes
    4y

    Hey Gio, I'm in the same boat, ha.  Where are you looking to purchase?  Would love to chat some time if you want to PM me your info and we can bounce around some ideas.

  • Real Estate Agent · New York City · Member since 2020 · 818 posts · 639 votes
    4y

    Definitely house hack via FHA in NYC right now. If you can get a 4 unit and a basement, that would be ideal and create major cash flow and equity creation, plus you can not worry about a property manager and boost your yield.

    Best to scale your equity as much as possible. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.