Buying REO from JP Morgan Chase/ US Bank NA

Buying REO from JP Morgan Chase/ US Bank NA

Residential Real Estate Broker · Dania, FL · Member since 2013 · 148 posts · 34 votes

For those that have purchased a REO from Chase (it's an MLS listing) and have seen their crazy addendum which says that you are buying property with all faults/as-is/ nothing to title will be taken care of, etc... In your experience, have they given you clean title or not?

0Reply
39 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Investor · Myrtle Beach, SC · Member since 2012 · 299 posts · 104 votes
12y

I buy Hundreds of REO properties from Chase, always a clean title.

See this reply in the discussion

12 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2014 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    12y

    Hi Mitchell!

    I've bought a few REO's over the last two years and it really is up to you to make sure you are getting clean title... I don't think it's hard to do... It's just that the bank isn't gonna do it for you... Good luck out there cause REO's can still be a fantastic option despite the fact that all due diligence is completely up to you...

  • Investor · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2011 · 188 posts · 116 votes
    12y

    I've purchased several dozen REOs and Im certain quite a few were from Chase.

    In my experience, I have gotten a clean title every time. When it goes through title/escrow, I do carefully review the prelim.

    I have also purchased quite a few quit claim properties, and have gotten clean title every time as well. I do pull title on those and go through it with a fine tooth comb.

    If I were you, and I was OK with the physical faults with the property, I would just do my due diligence on the title, and proceed with it if comfortable with whats on it.

  • Real Estate Investor · Myrtle Beach, SC · Member since 2012 · 299 posts · 104 votes
    12y

    I buy Hundreds of REO properties from Chase, always a clean title.

  • Rental Property Investor · NY · Member since 2013 · 844 posts · 350 votes
    11y

    @Account Closed Would you happen to have email or phone number to their REO department. I am trying to get a hold of the decision maker for one of their REO properties because the broker knows absolutely nothing about the property.

  • Real Estate Broker · Orange, CT · Member since 2013 · 951 posts · 218 votes
    11y

    I have sold Chase properties and occasionally there were title issues that had to be cleared up before closing.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Seattle, WA · Member since 2014 · 54 posts · 19 votes
    11y

    Great question! To add are you finding good deals on REOs or getting below market value offers accepted? Also, are you able to put a contingency in the contract based on getting a clean title? 

    -Tiffany

  • Investor · Madison Heights, VA · Member since 2014 · 22 posts · 4 votes
    11y

    how could I get in touch to put in an offer?

  • Real Estate Professional · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2012 · 23k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    11y

    @James LeonardMLS is the only place you'll be able to buy them, or auction.com, homesearch, other public sites.

  • Boston, MA · Member since 2014 · 11 posts · 3 votes
    11y

    It seems as though the west coast has ample access to the JP Morgan REO properties. There's a property in MA and the JP Morgan Chase site lists NO properties in MA.

  • Wholesaler · Lexington, SC · Member since 2016 · 9 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    This is a GREAT thread! I am about to make an offer on a Chase property and this has given me the confidence to move forward. Thanks for sharing :D

  • Orange, CA · Member since 2017 · 12 posts · 9 votes
    9y
    Hi Colin, did you ever put a clean title contingency in your offer? I did not see anyone reply to your question. Thanks, Jim
  • Real Estate Agent · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Jim Crogan:

    Hi Colin, did you ever put a clean title contingency in your offer? I did not see anyone reply to your question.

    Thanks,
    Jim

     There is no contract changes allowed I am in the process of purchasing a Chase property thru an auction site  You will have ample time to examine the preliminary title report and order title insurance 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.