Has any investor bought from Auction.com or Bid4assets

Has any investor bought from Auction.com or Bid4assets

montgomery, AL · Member since 2014 · 99 posts · 18 votes

Looking to find out how the process went and was there any information that I need to know?

Jay

2Reply
141 views

Most Popular Reply

Dallas, TX · Member since 2014 · 59 posts · 31 votes
12y

@Jay Whitfield hey. Yes I've bought from auction.com. The first time went smooth, no issues or surprises. I went with a Vacant property that was on the MLS before and it was a cash deal. I just purchased my second one and waiting for closing in a week or so. Do you have specific questions? Have you had experience with it? I would be happy to help in any way.

See this reply in the discussion

31 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • San Luis Obispo, CA · Member since 2016 · 17 posts · 6 votes
    9y

    A few people seem to have used auction.com, what about **********?  I've seen 1 complaint when googling it, but not much other info.  There are quite a few counties esp in the west that use it, which would leave me to believe it is pretty legit (there's always outside scenarios).  Any thoughts?

  • Lakeside, CA · Member since 2018 · 1 post · 0 votes
    8y

    ********** has signed up most county tax lien properties with counties in California. Unlike other States, there is no right of redemption - you get title. The downside is that it appears ********** tries to drive up prices by bogus bidding, to keep the contract with various counties. To verify, I tried multiple experiments, such as bidding on a phone watch for android on their jewelry section, you can pick them up from $49 to $89 on multiple websites (same model) I did a test bid for $40 over the high retail price, and sure enough, to try to me to go higher they counter bid. Guess I am out of the bidding on tax lien properties in CA, since they are they only way to do so and appear unethical.

  • Jo-Ann LapinPro Member
    Loan Officer · Tustin, CA · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 713 votes
    8y

    Make sure if they select title . You read thru your policy with a fine tooth comb.

  • Dallas, TX · Member since 2014 · 59 posts · 31 votes
    8y

    To all. Sorry if i didn't answer all the questions. For personal reasons i sold my last property and took a break. I'm back now and just picked up another house on auction.com last week. I did try a couple of months ago and won a property. It was a 3 bed SFH but auction.com couldn't verify that it was 3-bed. They refunded my EMD and cancelled the transaction. My point is they worked with me.

    As others have said. Do your due diligence. Like everything, you have to read the fine print and know what you’re getting into. Also i have bought all 4 of my auctions sight unseen. I know it’s not recommended. But i work full time and dont get much time to preview. I look at properties in stressed areas and consider worst case scenario. Cause if i went to go see it i wouldn’t really be able to assess anyways unless i took a contractor with me. And it’s just hard to coordinate in a short time. So based on market value and comps and worst case, i use that number to bid. Other than a Bad experience with contractor it’s worked out ok. 

    Good luck to all. Me included. 😀

  • Little Elm, TX · Member since 2014 · 356 posts · 47 votes
    7y

    Hi all, hopefully I can revive this thread regarding B4A - my first question is why in the world can't we spell out the entire company name on this site? Auction.com and RealtyBid among others are written and viewable but this one company - we can't even see their name? It makes me wonder how reputable they really are.

    Besides the fact that when I Google them, the first result is a complaint site. Does anyone have a good experience with B4A? They are still in business so I guess they can't be too bad, or not enough complaints yet?

    I'm interested in this particular site due to some low pricing, but I know BP is all things real estate so I'm trying to get a better feel for what an experience with B4A is really like.

    I've read not-so-good things about auction.com, but people still use them. So I'm wondering if B4A is the same concept - enter at your own risk and the risk just might pay off..OR if there should be a DO NOT ENTER warning on them lol.

    Any and all insight would be much appreciated!

    Erin

  • Member since 2019 · 11 posts · 1 vote
    6y
    Originally posted by @Jay Whitfield:

    Looking to find out how the process went and was there any information that I need to know?

    Jay

    I participated in few auctions of **********. My very strong advice is to go to offline auctions instead of ********** due to the following:

    - offline auctions have much less competition

    - ********** has serious problems with customer service. I personally was denied with help regarding returning my deposit reminder and issuing the deed on my name. Of course, there was no follow up on my complaints. So if you have really "Bigger Pockets" for funds and/or lawyers to secure your funds with **********, go for it.

    Nevertheless, some other online auctions make sense, like San Diego County e. g.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.