Foreclosure on a property after a tax deed sale.

Foreclosure on a property after a tax deed sale.

Investor · North Woodmere, NY · Member since 2014 · 97 posts · 7 votes

Good morning BP,

I'm looking to bid on a property in a foreclosure auction in Florida.  The property was previously sold on a tax deed sale. What red flags do I need to look for in my title search?  What was wiped out as a result of the tax deed sale?

Thank You,

Yechiel Abekassis

0Reply
12 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Contractor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2013 · 647 posts · 205 votes
    11y

    @Yechiel Abekassis Bearing in mind I'm not an attorney nor expert, I BELIEVE that a tax foreclosure wipes out everything below it (banks, liens, etc). The whole "government always gets theirs" thing :-P If I am mistaken, someone please correct me. I'm thinking an attorney would be good to talk to in order to learn the ins and outs in the state; best of luck, and happy investing!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.