house in Georga Short sale Advice needed

house in Georga Short sale Advice needed

Residential Real Estate Broker · Staten Island, NY · Member since 2015 · 2 posts · 0 votes

I looked at a house in Georgia, it appears to be a short sale and I would be working directly with the owner. Does anyone have knowledge of short sales in Georga when dealing with For sale by owner

0Reply
10 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Newnan, GA · Member since 2013 · 86 posts · 33 votes
    11y

    I don't know that GA short sales are substantially different than other states, meaning once you get the homeowner's approval then you're negotiating with the bank, which we all know is the fun part of the process. 

  • Professional · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2015 · 85 posts · 15 votes
    11y

    @Yolanda Felton, what is your question?  Maybe I can answer... 

  • your favorite JV investor · buford, GA · Member since 2015 · 78 posts · 5 votes
    11y

    I would like to know also the process of a short sale,  I have a house that the owner can't afford anymore and is about to let it go . 

  • Real Estate Professional · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2012 · 23k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    11y

    Most lenders will require a property be listed by an agent, usually for a week or so, before they will even look a t a contract.  might as well find an experienced short sale agent as there are many requirements, and strategies, to have a successful short sale.  As for the process...it's truly of matter of, you don't know what you don't know.

  • Jennifer KinzlePro Member
    Real Estate Agent · Elgin, IL · Member since 2015 · 100 posts · 41 votes
    11y

    @Wayne Brooks is right, banks have a requirement that a short sale must be listed with an licensed agent.  Underwater mortgages have a lot of issues and requirements to be resolved.   Check out the BP forums:

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/103/topics/20...

    I wrote a blog on some basic elements of a short sale process here:

    http://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/6538/blog_posts...

    Hope it turns out!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.