Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2015 · 10 posts · 0 votes
I'm looking to buy a single family house with FHA financing. I have looked at the County website and they have forclosure auctions online, not looking at tax deeds. My lender says the home has to be in livable condition (ac works, plumbing, electrical ....) How do you know anything about these homes from online that don't have a disclosure? And can anybody recommend a title company so I can check to see if the home has any liens. Any advice about this or where to look for more properties would be helpful. This is my first home ever, I'm hoping to add more soon.
Investor · Miami Beach, FL · Member since 2015 · 55 posts · 10 votes
10y
Hello Jamie,
I think what you need is a good realtor. If you want to do all the work on your own you might make a lot of mistakes. This is exactly why you need a realtor. The realtor commission will be payed by the Seller and not you. I can refer you a realtor if you want to.
Be very careful, public auctions and tax deed auction is not for newbies. In order to be a successful bidder on public auction you need to pay cash!!!! Financing is not an option on auction. Unfortunately you can not buy from wholesalers as you do not pay cash. You best bet is to get a excellent realtor who will find you a good property from the MLS.
Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2015 · 10 posts · 0 votes
10y
I do have a realtor I'm starting to work with but I haven't had time to talk to her about what properties in foreclosure I can look at. I guess I will start with talking to her to know what direction I can go. Thanks
I'm looking to buy a single family house with FHA financing. I have looked at the County website and they have forclosure auctions online, not looking at tax deeds. My lender says the home has to be in livable condition (ac works, plumbing, electrical ....) How do you know anything about these homes from online that don't have a disclosure? And can anybody recommend a title company so I can check to see if the home has any liens. Any advice about this or where to look for more properties would be helpful. This is my first home ever, I'm hoping to add more soon.
Hi Jamie,
Here's a great title company I use here in Jacksonville there very investor friendly.When you call ask for Pam
You can't buy off of the Duval county foreclosure auction website with financing. You have to have cash/certified check to take to the clerks office by the end of the business day of the auction.
You should probably be looking at homepath dot com/ homesteps dot com/ hudhomestore dot com for REOs that you can finance with FHA financing. You will be looking at the more well-kept properties on those sites. Some of the properties on those sites would not pass inspection.
You can't buy off of the Duval county foreclosure auction website with financing. You have to have cash/certified check to take to the clerks office by the end of the business day of the auction.
You should probably be looking at homepath dot com/ homesteps dot com/ hudhomestore dot com for REOs that you can finance with FHA financing. You will be looking at the more well-kept properties on those sites. Some of the properties on those sites would not pass inspection.
Keep at it, keep researching. Good luck!
Are these homes on the websites you have listed on the MLS or are they only listed on their own websites??
Investor · Fernandina Beach, FL · Member since 2014 · 557 posts · 374 votes
10y
Some are on the MLS but not all. Listing a property on the MLS requires at some point a human being to do some data entry. I'm not trying to be sarcastic or patronizing when I say that sometimes a human never enters the data. I personally check all of those sites, among others, daily.
I just want to note that unless you are a realtor or have a very good realtor friend, you don't have access to all of the homes on the MLS. Realtor dot com is not the MLS for example.