Urgent Short Sale Question

Urgent Short Sale Question

Real Estate Investor · Huntsville, AL · Member since 2008 · 13 posts · 0 votes

A friend of mine is having a SS done by an agent who specialize in SS. The foreclosure sale is Jan. 5th, 2009 and the agent told him that the lender wants $800 to stop the foreclosure sale. This doesn't seem right, does anyone know if this is correct?

Thanks,
Rodney

0Reply
26 views

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Property Manager · Portland, OR · Member since 2008 · 212 posts · 14 votes
    17y

    It sounds like they are trying to get a little more money to postpone the sale for like 7 days or perhaps shorter/longer

    If you get an offer submitted then they may postpone regardless.

    Have there been any postponements yet or is Jan 5th the original auction date?

  • Real Estate Investor · Huntsville, AL · Member since 2008 · 13 posts · 0 votes
    17y

    No, there hasn't been any postponements.

  • AL · Member since 2008 · 33 posts · 2 votes
    17y

    I Might be looking for my third extension. My second extension I was pushed to either show a commitment letter,a 1003 application or a 3000 fee for extension.Tough to do when you dont even have an appraisal yet. I was able to get my buyer to pay.
    We also had the atty general's banking div assis on calling the bank. there are many similar groups that will help

  • Real Estate Consultant · Member since 2008 · 792 posts · 30 votes
    17y

    I've seen lenders request per diem fees for approved sales that are delayed but I have yet to run into this type of fee.

    If there is no offer, then it sounds like a dirty "collections" trick to me.

    Like Mitch said, I doubt they would bring it up if there was an offer.

  • Property Manager · Portland, OR · Member since 2008 · 212 posts · 14 votes
    17y

    BTW...who is the lender? You are getting pretty close to the point where most lenders will just let it go..regardless if an offer comes in.

    Most times they will assume it is a last ditch effort to buy some more time...i.e the borrower trying to stay a bit longer. They will see right past it if it gets too close to the auction date...

    Also, if a BPO hasn't been ordered then I would get that offer submitted and request immediately that it happen...that will automatically give you a postponement.

  • Real Estate Investor · CT · Member since 2008 · 119 posts · 6 votes
    17y

    I've had banks try to milk me for dollars to do foreclosures as well. In the end, they usually end up not working.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.