Note Investor · Pasadena, CA · Member since 2009 · 849 posts · 544 votes
So...my wife and I placed a full price offer on a short sale. According to our agent the listing agent basically dropped the ball. There was a $5K difference between our offer and what the 2nd would settle for...so, instead of presenting the situation to us, the LA basically went to sleep and the property went to auction today.
Now, we are certain that there's no way that the property gets purchased at auction today (liens are too much vs. what its worth). So we expect that the 1st will get the house back.
So, my question is, is there even a remote chance I can get to the person who is charge of making a decision? My wife especially would like to opportunity to buy the house before it gets back on the MLS.
We know that the 1st is/was Countrywide. I can already imagine the phone prompt hell...
Investor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 17k+ votes
17y
Originally posted by SolidReturns:
So, my question is, is there even a remote chance I can get to the person who is charge of making a decision? My wife especially would like to opportunity to buy the house before it gets back on the MLS.
We know that the 1st is/was Countrywide. I can already imagine the phone prompt hell...
I would never say never, but unless you know someone who has some amazing inside access, it's highly unlikely that you'll be able to negotiate a deal on this property before it hits the MLS.
Countrywide needs to get a BPO from an agent, and until they have the BPO, they have no idea what it's worth, and likely wouldn't even talk to you. Once they have the BPO, it's easier to just list it with the agent, and hope they get competing offers.
Again, I'm not saying it's impossible, but I don't know anyone who has been successful doing this with a large bank.