Real Time Resolutions

Real Time Resolutions

Property Manager · Portland, OR · Member since 2008 · 212 posts · 14 votes

Has anybody had any negotiating experience with Real Time Resolutions? I've got an approved short sale with Litton as the first and RTR as the 2nd.

Litton has sent me an approval letter and they are allowing 3k to RTR.

RTR negotiator has rejected the 3k and is asking for 12k.

I submitted the request to my Litton negotiator who gave me an obvious answer of "no way."

Subsequently, the RTR negotiator closed the file.

Auction date is 30 days away. Buyer is lined up to close etc...only problem is Jr. lienholder.

Anybody dealt with something like this before?

Thanks!

0Reply
84 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor, Entrepreneur, Educator · Springfield, MO · Member since 2009 · 21k+ posts · 12k+ votes
16y

Hi, very good posts above. I see the wisdom on startegies mentioned by Scott and Mitsu! Looks like hardball to me.

You might try something like this. A letter saying that if this deal can not be reached, then:

You'll purchase the first note at a discount equal to the short sale amount.
That since the Realtor earned the commission, the not buyer has agreed to include costs, realtor commissions and negotiator fees, now amounting to XX thousand dollars as future advances under the promissory note and security agreement representing a par amount of XXX, XXX ( in other words, the original loan amount has now increased which places the second holder further behind. Now, I know what someone will say, that unless it is a future advance note with the total amount secured, you can't push a junior lien holder back like that, but yes you can, when the loan is in default and expenses of collection, sale and securing the property exceed the amount, that is the amount you would bid in at a foreclosure sale.
After the note is purchased, this loan will be modifed for the borrower, however no consideration can be made for the benfit of subordinate financing. (what you're saying is if you don't take this we will buy the note, run expenses up on the loan as acquisition and collection expenses that pushes you further behind and the borrower may not be able to make your payment. If their payment is not paid they can foreclose and pay us our costs. So, you will end up with a house attempting to collect 3,000 plus costs and holding expenses. And, there is no deficiency allowed! Good luck with that! This has worked for me. Bill

See this reply in the discussion

30 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Wholesaler · Belleville, IL · Member since 2009 · 206 posts · 44 votes
    16y

    I just started working on a deal with RTR in 2nd position. problem is I can't find a working phone # for them anywhere - any help?

    the owner originally had the 2nd with Homeq, but didn't even know the 2nd went to RTR over a year ago. I had to find out from Homeq that RTR had the 2nd, this one's going to be fun I can tell already

  • Rehabber · Tucson, AZ · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 802 votes
    16y
    Originally posted by Dave Grosse:
    I just started working on a deal with RTR in 2nd position. problem is I can't find a working phone # for them anywhere - any help?

    the owner originally had the 2nd with Homeq, but didn't even know the 2nd went to RTR over a year ago. I had to find out from Homeq that RTR had the 2nd, this one's going to be fun I can tell already


    (214) 599-6363

    1750 Regal Row Ste 120
    Dallas, TX 75235 32.8368 -96.8708

    Ask for Eric Luna

    You will need to send over the package so ask the receptionist for a fax number.
    They will probably want more than 10% so do your best to get the seller to contribute. They pay 10 to 30 cents for the debt depending on the deficiency rights. If the states allows for a deficiency, be prepared to pay more than if there is no deficiency.
  • Investor · Melbourne, FL · Member since 2008 · 90 posts · 39 votes
    16y

    I guess I am the lucky one here. I received an Acceptance Letter for a 2nd from RTR (Eric Luna) where the 2nd was owed approx $45,000. I offered $1,000, but Eric countered with $3,000. Also, in the Acceptance Letter, it stated that they were providing a full release of lien, so that meant no deficiency. Unfortunately, the 1st is with Countrywide/BoA and they keep putting this file back in Equator. (This file was originally submitted just as they were starting out with the REOTrans testing phase and it was one of the files used.)

    I am having a difficult time with BoA on this, as they will not remove it from the Equator system and there is no realtor involved in this sale.

    Anyway, my experience with RTR has been much more favorable than it sounds like others have had.

  • Investor, Entrepreneur, Educator · Springfield, MO · Member since 2009 · 21k+ posts · 12k+ votes
    16y

    Hi, very good posts above. I see the wisdom on startegies mentioned by Scott and Mitsu! Looks like hardball to me.

    You might try something like this. A letter saying that if this deal can not be reached, then:

    You'll purchase the first note at a discount equal to the short sale amount.
    That since the Realtor earned the commission, the not buyer has agreed to include costs, realtor commissions and negotiator fees, now amounting to XX thousand dollars as future advances under the promissory note and security agreement representing a par amount of XXX, XXX ( in other words, the original loan amount has now increased which places the second holder further behind. Now, I know what someone will say, that unless it is a future advance note with the total amount secured, you can't push a junior lien holder back like that, but yes you can, when the loan is in default and expenses of collection, sale and securing the property exceed the amount, that is the amount you would bid in at a foreclosure sale.
    After the note is purchased, this loan will be modifed for the borrower, however no consideration can be made for the benfit of subordinate financing. (what you're saying is if you don't take this we will buy the note, run expenses up on the loan as acquisition and collection expenses that pushes you further behind and the borrower may not be able to make your payment. If their payment is not paid they can foreclose and pay us our costs. So, you will end up with a house attempting to collect 3,000 plus costs and holding expenses. And, there is no deficiency allowed! Good luck with that! This has worked for me. Bill

  • Wholesaler · Belleville, IL · Member since 2009 · 206 posts · 44 votes
    16y

    Thanks Scott!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.