Lender Needed VA Loan on Fourplex of Townhomes

Lender Needed VA Loan on Fourplex of Townhomes

Investor · Spring, TX · Member since 2016 · 16 posts · 13 votes
BP Community, I'm looking at purchasing a fourplex unit of townhomes (the townhomes are next to each other). I intend to use 1 townhome as my primary residence and rent the other 3 out. Does anyone have experience with a purchase of this type? Will the VA allow the complete purchase to qualify or will the VA benefits apply only to the residence I plan on residing in? Each townhome has its own Tax ID so I'm not sure if I can use my VA Benefits for this. Any lenders out there with advice? Thanks, Roy
1Reply
7 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Gainesville, FL · Member since 2017 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    9y

    Hello...I'm a beginner Real Estate Investor...I don't have all the answers but I did just the other day watch a video with Brandon that is finishing up this type of deal...actually he was recording the video at Starbucks...if i remember it correctly it was title...Investing in Multiple Family Homes...hope that can help u once you find the video...it is with Bigger Pockets...

  • Investor · Fort Walton Beach, FL · Member since 2015 · 568 posts · 966 votes
    9y

    @Upen Patel should be able to help you out with this

  • Upen PatelPro Member
    Lender · Nationwide Lender · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 814 votes
    9y

    Hi! @Arianne L. Thank you for the mention.

    @Roy Gamiz Since the town home have their own tax id's you can use your VA benefit for only one of them. Though if you can get the units rezoned as a multi with a single tax id, then you can use your VA benefit to buy it as a 4-plex.

    I had a client that was able to do that. So it comes down to the seller and the county.

    Hope this helps.

  • Investor · Spring, TX · Member since 2016 · 16 posts · 13 votes
    9y

    Hi @Upen Patel, thank you for the quick response.

    I'll have to look into the rezoning although it may be a stretch to get this accomplished.

    Much appreciated.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.