Feeling bad about foreclosure investing?

Feeling bad about foreclosure investing?

Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2009 · 717 posts · 50 votes

Anyone here that does foreclosures feeling guilty at times? Basically, we're taking advantage and profiting while others in bad shape. I would like to do this niche, but having second thoughts due to my conscious telling me it might be wrong. Some thoughts and ideas would be great. Thank you.

0Reply
46 views

Most Popular Reply

Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2008 · 244 posts · 36 votes
16y

Greg if you feel bad about buying a foreclosure then the Real Estate business will eat you alive!!! How will you feel about evicting someone that doesn't pay you rent? Foreclosures are a part of life and has been for ages. To answer your question, I don't feel guilty at all, never though about that. Drive on and you will be fine, someone has to do it.

See this reply in the discussion

28 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Foreclosure Specialist · Lafayette, LA · Member since 2009 · 68 posts · 31 votes
    16y

    Look at the situation this way.

    Someone's going to buy the house.

    It might as well be you.

    I went through something similar when I first started investing.

    But over time, I came to realize that I offered more help to these sellers than the banks did.

    Do your best to be of service in these situations and everything will turn out OK - for the seller and for you.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.