Any benefit to purchasing tax certificate on pre-forclosed home?

Any benefit to purchasing tax certificate on pre-forclosed home?

Investor · Mesa, AZ · Member since 2017 · 109 posts · 57 votes

I was wondering if there was any benefit to purchasing the tax certificate on a pre-foclosed home? Will it still go to auction? 

0Reply
11 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Charlottesville, VA · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 726 votes
    9y

    @Rhiannon Then I'm not familiar with Arizona laws on this but here in Georgia that would be a great strategy because the lender would see the tax deed during foreclosure and would have to pay me back my investment plus 20% before they could sell it as an REO.

    I have never seen that case though because usually the lender will go ahead and pay that taxes if they hadn't already been paying them from an escrow account. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.