Big Banks Accused of Fraud

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Altus, OK · Member since 2008 · 2k+ posts · 690 votes
    16y

    Wow I'm shocked NOT.

    Doesn't surprise me that big banks are doing this they are getting desperate each time.

    What gets me is that why can't they negotiate with either investors,owners or 1st lien holders for some sort of payoff that isn't off the HUD. They should know that being in 2nd position their chances of losing everything is very high during a foreclosure situation.

    I think everyone is 2nd lien position who gets into this position have a backup plan that's legal prior to getting into this.

  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Chandler, AZ · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 928 votes
    16y

    This happened to me just yesterday. 2nd wanted 6000 and first would only give 3000. They said I could pay rest outside of closing.

  • Investor, Entrepreneur, Educator · Springfield, MO · Member since 2009 · 21k+ posts · 12k+ votes
    16y

    You know how everytime you call a bank and before you talk to a real person there is the recording "this call may be monitored or recorded to ensure quality service" well, we all know it's a CYA and we have you on tape making threats....well, in many states, the recording is not necessary, where I am, only one party needs to be aware that the converation is recorded. Diuring that recording, if you can work in something like "well, what ever we talk about here is public knowledged" you just gave notice.

    Why does the fun stuff always happen to the other guy and not me? I'm always left out. If they hit me with that I'd tell them they were going to approve the deal and knowck off another grand just for smiles or we'll ask that the entire principal amount be forgiven. That's what it could end up being if they are caught. Bill

  • Real Estate Investor · Carlsbad, CA · Member since 2009 · 151 posts · 17 votes
    16y

    and do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

    two wrongs always make a right.

    if they are doing it, why shouldn't I?

    as long as it is them getting stepped on while they are down, its all good...

    let's hold the door open for the bank robber, after all, he has a family to feed...

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.