"CoreLogic Expects Short Sale Fraud Prevention Tool to Catch On"

Most Popular Reply

Landlord · Seattle, WA · Member since 2010 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
16y

Sounds like a tool that might be used and abused. There are many elements to fraud, not the least of which is "intent" that must be shown to exist.

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Landlord · Seattle, WA · Member since 2010 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    16y

    Sounds like a tool that might be used and abused. There are many elements to fraud, not the least of which is "intent" that must be shown to exist.

  • Specialist · MA · Member since 2009 · 858 posts · 306 votes
    16y

    I think they need to define what a "vastly" higher amount is. Is $30,000 to high? $50,000? What is a VASTLY higher amount? Even with a sale of $30,000 difference or even $75,000 there could be substantial costs that obviously deduct from the gross amount. We all know if a luxury property is resold a $100,000 amount may be a drop in the bucket. What if the second buyer is a cash buyer?

    If their detection process is so good and "reviews of sales terms for violations" then I suspect they can catch ACTUAL FRAUD before it's committed. It would have been great if they could also define what "violations" would be cause for alert.



  • Specialist · MA · Member since 2009 · 858 posts · 306 votes
    15y

    I guess Corelogic should take their own tests :) - considering they are being suied over appraisal fraud

    http://californiashortsalelawyer.com/2011/06/fdic-sues-corelogic-for-fraud/

    The corelogic FLUFF REPORTS

    http://californiashortsalelawyer.com/2011/06/exposing-corelogic/

  • Real Estate Investor · Portage, MI · Member since 2010 · 470 posts · 315 votes
    15y

    I agree....Good Karma! I hope it takes a bit of wind out of their sail.

  • Specialist · Portland, OR · Member since 2010 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    15y

    I have an appraisal from CoreLogic that is questionable.

    My property, a duplex with 2000sf 4 bed 2 bath (actual 3/1 and 2/1) they say 215k

    Comp 1) 967sf sale price 206,900

    Comp 2) 1024sf sp 220,000

    Comp 3) 1164 209,000

    Comp 4) 1438 220,000

    Comp 5) 1418 205,000

    I know for sure my property is worth more.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.