Selling a Tax Lien To Another Investor

Selling a Tax Lien To Another Investor

New Haven, CT · Member since 2017 · 4 posts · 0 votes

I have a Florida tax lien that is mature, but do not want to apply for the tax deed myself. I listed it on Craigslist and someone is interested in purchasing it.  I understand the paperwork at the County level to transfer the lien to this investor. I figured he could pay me via PayPal and then I would transfer the lien to him, but I think the buyer is a little nervous that I might "take the money and run."  Anyone know of a way to make the exchange where the buyer can be reassured that he will receive what he paid for?

0Reply
12 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rockledge, FL · Member since 2016 · 493 posts · 427 votes
    8y

    Douglas, 

    You could see if a real estate closing company or escrow agent in Florida could handle that. It might cost a few bucks, but you could split that with the buyer. 

    Another option,  probably more expensive, would be an attorney. 

    The upside to both of these options is a clean transfer, and reduced liability for everyone. 

    Sometimes it's worth spending a buck to give everyone piece of  mind. 

    Hope that helps. 

    Good luck, 

    Jim 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.