• Vermont
Votes |
Hudson and Marshall questions

Megan Phillips
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Vermont
Posted May 17 2018, 07:17

Hi All,

Interested in a house for auction on Hudson and Marshall's site. When I read the terms of service I got a bit confused as it states these are cash sales, not contingent on financing - but also states that if a property is vacant (it is) that you can use financing,  I also have questions about possible inspection periods and appraisals, as financing would be contingent on appraisal value. 

There is no listing agent or local phone number to call, but I couldn't get clear answers from Hudson and Marshall when I was asking about the property. They were very nice and tried to answer the questions, but it seems like everything varies from house to house individually, so they couldn't verify if I could use financing, etc, just said something like "it depends if the house is occupied or vacant, if it's vacant, you might be able to use financing..."

Should I call again and maybe have a different response? Or is there a way to find out whom the bank behind the mortgage is and attempt to talk to them directly?

This would be my/my partner's first online auction attempt, and the wording in the terms of service about legal action if I don't fulfill requirement to purchase home upon an accepted winning bid is scaring me away from bidding --- is it simpler and more flexible than the terms of service make it sound?

Megan