Tax deed purchase but title has child services judgement on it

Tax deed purchase but title has child services judgement on it

Member since 2018 · 1 post · 0 votes

I am interested in bidding on a property, I just pulled the title report for the property and it has couple of judgements from Child support services and 1 small claims. 

I believe judgement from child services survive the tax deed sale and it stays on, even when I buy it. So is there any way legally I can clear the property or I should stay away from such property.  From searching online I haven't got an answer the actual process if I can remove it, every blog says talk to a lawyer, it survives tax deed and purchaser will be liable, but it doesn't answer if I buy whats the process to follow and if its even possible to clear title other than being responsible for the amount.

the property is worth around $800-900k, Auction starts around $80k, given the hassles involved, I wanted to know how much it would cost in addition to tax deed purchase to get a clean title.

0Reply
17 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rockford, MN · Member since 2017 · 87 posts · 31 votes
    8y

    I am not going to be able to answer this - but no one will be able to get you a solid answer without you telling us what state this. (County Helps, but I understand not sharing that).

  • Real Estate Broker · Coppell, TX · Member since 2011 · 5k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    7y

    @Kevin Kan   Any luck with this property?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.