• Real Estate Broker
  • Jacksonville FL & Middletown CT
Votes |
Got a live one - now what?

Minna Reid
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Jacksonville FL & Middletown CT
Posted Aug 3 2008, 10:58

So after doing my homework, placing ads,etc, I finally got a call from a lady in foreclosure. I have the comps at 230-250, she says she needs 160 to get out of the mortgage, and wants some cash to start over. She says all the house needs is a couple of new garage doors. I am going to see the place this wednesday morning and would like to make an offer on the spot assuming there really is no significant work the house needs that would kill the deal. In my mind I've maxed it out at 180 minus any work. We discussed some rough numbers and she's open to it. So now what? I go with a contract (with an inspection contingency), and just ask for the deal? If she does go for it, do I need to give her a deposit? Does that go directly to her, or does it go in some escrow fund or what? I can enlist the help of a realtor with the contract, in exhange for letting the realtor sell the property later. Or should I just ask my lawyer for his help instead? Am I missing something? please help - despite lots of offers this would be my first deal and I don't want to shoot myself in the foot.

Loading replies...