What is the cutoff for a subject to deal?

What is the cutoff for a subject to deal?

Orlando, FL · Member since 2011 · 176 posts · 23 votes

Hi all;

I'm not an REO investor and that type of investing falls outside of my skillset right now. What I am moving into is Subject To [existing fnancing] investing.

At what point am I no longer able to help the seller by taking over his financing?

Thank you

0Reply
7 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Clairemont, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    13y

    Gary Clisele I'm not understanding the question here, what do you mean what point can you no longer help?

    At what loan amount does it not work?
    How many loans can you have sub2?
    What point can the loan be called?
    What is the max LTV that sub2 works?

    Maybe a little more specific question would help, if you could clarify. I think the answer is you can do it as long as you've decided the numbers work (even if it was underwater the loan is already written, though not sure why you'd want it in that case) and understand the possibility of the note being called.

    Hopefully with some more info you can get some better answers.

  • Orlando, FL · Member since 2011 · 176 posts · 23 votes
    13y

    Thanks Matt; to clarify, I wanted to know the point where the seller can no longer turn over the loan to me (the point of no return in the foreclosure process) I don't know when the seller's interest in the property is lost and/or the bank is no longer willing to accept further payments from him because things have moved too far along.

  • Investor · Clairemont, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    13y

    Ok I understand now, I did a search and found this post which has a brief mention of it http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/41/topics/57378-pre-foreclosures-buying-subject-to-

    Maybe @bryan hancock can get involved since he made a mention of it in that old post.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.