How did you transition into becoming an Active Syndicator?

How did you transition into becoming an Active Syndicator?

Investor · El Dorado Hills, CA · Member since 2016 · 75 posts · 24 votes

As with anything else, its scary to get into leading a syndication as a Sponsor, 

1. How is your experience so far?

2. What was your trigger/motivation?

Looking forward to hearing your story!!

4Reply
17 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 756 votes
5y
Originally posted by @Suresh Kannan:

As with anything else, its scary to get into leading a syndication as a Sponsor, 

1. How is your experience so far?

2. What was your trigger/motivation?

Looking forward to hearing your story!!

Congrats on looking into syndications! This is a business that will require tons of time commitment, education, dedication, and persistence. I got start by hiring mentors, reading books, listening to podcasts, and networking.

I started investing in single family homes and fix-and-flips while in business school. I have a few deals going on now and will soon by a general partner in 417 multifamily units and another 23 as a JV partner.

I found my passion for apartments after realizing you don't always have to work the typical 9-5 job, take your 2 weeks vacation, invest in a 401K, and maybe have a good life after I retire. Haha! Apartment investing allows me to live a life by design NOW vs waiting until I retire. It's hard to scale with single family houses and I didn't want to deal with the tenants and repair costs. I am generating passive income so I can control my time. Much better than spending my life working a W2 if you ask me. 

See this reply in the discussion

25 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
    Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.