Realtor · Lone Tree, CO · Member since 2017 · 139 posts · 112 votes
Hello, I used to work for a development company that bought lots and then built modular or manufactured homes on them. I would like to apply my skills to building ADU's in Denver. However the poor appraisal of ADU's has led to a specific challenge. I would like to start a business that helps the homeowner find financing, then handles all of the construction and purchase of a modular home for use as an ADU. So I would not be developing these on my own lot. Excuse my lack of knowledge as I am mostly new to all of this. Would I be able to charge a flat amount for both the purchase of the modular home and construction?
So these numbers are just for use as an example. The Construction costs are $60,000. The Modular Home is $60,000. Could I sell these as a package deal for $140,000 despite paying a contractor for the construction work?