Buying at Auctions - What is the Process?

Buying at Auctions - What is the Process?

Realtor · Chanhassen, MN · Member since 2019 · 50 posts · 17 votes

So I am new to real estate investing and when I’m searching for properties on Zillow ,or any similar site, I find myself scrolling past the Auction/Foreclosure homes, or not including them in my search at all, because I don’t know enough about them. How do auctions typically work? Can anyone bid on the house? Are there certain requirements? Also, if anyone knows of any good books/websites/podcasts related to auctions or foreclosure properties I would really appreciate that!

Thanks in advance!

0Reply
25 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · New York, NY · Member since 2011 · 956 posts · 510 votes
    6y

    Not all auctions have the same
    process , but they usually describe their process on their  site . 

  • Rental Property Investor · TN · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    6y

    Most often, but not always, houses bought at auctions are bought sight unseen.  It might be best for you to stay away from them for now.  They generally have numerous issues that have to be fixed before they are habitable.

  • Realtor · Chanhassen, MN · Member since 2019 · 50 posts · 17 votes
    6y

    @Lynnette E.

    Thanks @Lynnette E. I think I’ll stick to less complicated deals for now.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.