3.3% for the Franchise Tax Board withholding ?

3.3% for the Franchise Tax Board withholding ?

Member since 2016 · 25 posts · 6 votes

Hello,

Hoping someone here can enlighten me. I have bought a house for myself with the intention of making it my primary resident. Unfortunately I had to sell writhing 2 years and the property didn't end up to be my primary resident.

Now that I just sold it, I was told I need to pay about 3.3% for the Franchise Tax Board withholding of the total sale. In addition I was told that of the profit I will pay 20% for income tax. Does that make sense? Do I ay booth?
Also- for the Franchise Tax Board withholding, do they release me back the money or is it a payment ?

Thank you!

0Reply
9 views

No replies yet. Be the first to reply to this discussion.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.