Mid Term Market

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2020 · 224 posts · 221 votes
    3y

    Hey Damian,

    I would use 15% as an average for vacancy on MTR when doing calculations.  The truth is this:  You have plenty of time to find the next tenant and ideally, you will have done all the necessary repairs ahead of time to make the property "rent ready", so you will not need to do repairs in between tenants. 

    I think 15% is VERY conservative.  I am doing an MTR coming soon in 2023 and my property manager has 100% occupancy, no issues at all. It also depends on the market you are in... I am in Charlotte, NC and its white hot here with real estate in general. 

    I would ask PM's in your area who specialize in that space and get an accurate reading for your region.  I wouldn't think St. Pete would have any issues at all with occupancy.

    Great Question!

  • Member since 2022 · 21 posts · 7 votes
    3y
    As it happens I am looking out of state in NC


    Quote from @Jon Puente:

    Hey Damian,

    I would use 15% as an average for vacancy on MTR when doing calculations.  The truth is this:  You have plenty of time to find the next tenant and ideally, you will have done all the necessary repairs ahead of time to make the property "rent ready", so you will not need to do repairs in between tenants. 

    I think 15% is VERY conservative.  I am doing an MTR coming soon in 2023 and my property manager has 100% occupancy, no issues at all. It also depends on the market you are in... I am in Charlotte, NC and its white hot here with real estate in general. 

    I would ask PM's in your area who specialize in that space and get an accurate reading for your region.  I wouldn't think St. Pete would have any issues at all with occupancy.

    Great Question!


Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.