I am going to inherit some capital and this is going to be my only capital in life. What should I do to ensure I invest it properly and have 5 Million dollar in 5 -7 years in asset with a 6-10 K a month Cash flow. Is this possible?
Investor · Shelton, WA · Member since 2017 · 6k+ posts · 6k+ votes
3y
Very possible learn to underwrite and not just some spreadsheet. Join a rei association and get into the dealflow. You are only as good as your network. All the best!
Very possible learn to underwrite and not just some spreadsheet. Join a rei association and get into the dealflow. You are only as good as your network. All the best!
Contractor · Scottsdale, AZ · Member since 2010 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
3y
I know it's not ideal to put your personal information out there on the internet, but it's tough to give direction when we don't know how much capital you are working with.
If you are inheriting $1,000,000... then yes it's possible to put yourself in a position of $5 million worth of assets (with leverage) and 6-10k a month in cashflow in 5-7 years.
If you are inheriting $500,000... that is going to be MUCH more challenging (especially if you have no investing or construction background). But still possible.