Why do YOU invest in real estate?

Why do YOU invest in real estate?

Rental Property Investor · Fond Du Lac, WI · Member since 2015 · 261 posts · 78 votes

Aside from the "I want to be my own boss," or "I want financial freedom" etc, etc... Why do YOU invest in real estate? 

Is it because you want to be like Brandon Turner and leave life for a few days to attend a football game across the country? 

Are you someone who just generally wants to improve your community and put the "slum lord" title to rest? 

Are there some other reasons? 

I'm a very new "investor" and currently analyzing my first deals (looking to house-hack a duplex with my  girlfriend after my apartment lease is up.) I'm doing it for the cliche' reasons that I stated at the very top, but mostly because i'm very business minded and have been since I was very little, and real estate has been something  that has stolen my life (Because it's all i can think, read, and talk about!!) and just seems like my ideal outlet for those business thoughts, ideas, and energy. 

Thanks for reading, post below if you would like to share YOUR reasons for investing in real estate. 

0Reply
58 views

Most Popular Reply

Joe VilleneuvePro Member
Plymouth, MI · Member since 2013 · 13k+ posts · 19k+ votes
10y

It's the only investment vehicle I know of that I can quickly build a self sustaining, self sufficiant, large money stream...unlimited in growth, and spend noneof my money.

See this reply in the discussion

26 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
    Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.