Feedback on the BiggerPockets REI Summit 2012 Audio Recordings

23 Replies

As many of you know, about a month and a half ago, we released the audio recordings of the 2012 BiggerPockets Real Estate Investing Summit -- chock filled with close to 25 hours of incredible audio for only $125.

I wanted to see if the people who purchased and listened to the audio can share their feedback on this opportunity with the rest of our readers.

What did you think? Was it a great value? Do you recommend others buy their own copy? Please share your thoughts below!

Thanks!

Note: The audio can be purchased directly here for those that are interested.

I've been meaning to update this thread for a while, so I'll do it now. I finished to the last audio audio download about 2 weeks ago and I wanted to say the files were well worth the money I spent (for anyone still sitting on the fence).

The thing I like about having access to the audio is that I have been able to re-listen to my favorite sessions several times. Listening to them more than once has helped me better understand a few of the concepts and alter my RE business model.

For example, after referring back to @Aaron Mazzrillo and @Ryan Webber 's session on wholesaling, I was able to better navigate my conversation with a seller earlier this week. The candid advice both Aaron and Ryan offered helped me determine the person on the phone was not truly motivated and I that I need to move on to my next lead.

This may not seem like a big deal, but for me it was huge! I realized that I have been wasting my time with sellers who weren't truly motivated (sometimes getting stuck on the phone for an hour!). Just knowing the information from their has assisted me in filtering my prospects and as a result has saved me hours.

I just wanted to pass this info along to the BP community.

Has anyone else found the audio helpful? If so, what key concepts/ideas stuck out to you?

$75!!!! WOW! What a deal! It was almost stealing. Sure there was some STUFF that I had little interest and probably who never use but I got a better understanding what those guys/gals are doing. A side benefit that I had not thought of is when I heard something very-very interesting I could use my back key over and over to be sure that I understood.
At some points it was hard to follow without the video feature so I used my backup key. Also, the presenters offered to answer questions not covered in the presentations. A big thank you to EVERYONE WHO MADE THIS POSSIBLE! The next time you have a deal like that, DON’T NOTIFY ME, just send it.
Regards
Foster

Price increased to $125? I read carefully on that page and it seems to me the price is $125, not $75

Originally posted by Joshua Dorkin:
As many of you know, about a month and a half ago, we released the audio recordings of the 2012 BiggerPockets Real Estate Investing Summit -- chock filled with close to 25 hours of incredible audio for only $75.

I wanted to see if the people who purchased and listened to the audio can share their feedback on this opportunity with the rest of our readers.

What did you think? Was it a great value? Do you recommend others buy their own copy? Please share your thoughts below!

Thanks!

Note: The audio can be purchased directly here for those that are interested.

Bummer.
Entered wrong digit about my credit card last time when the price was 75 bucks. Transaction rejected.

Now the price is 125. Really sucks.

We did raise the price today, Eric. You are correct.

Eric - The price was $75 for almost 6 months. I looked at our records and see that today was the only time you made the purchase attempt, which failed. We did make the change early this morning, but forgot about this thread, thus the reason I didn't make an update.

I'll honor the $75 price for you in light of your timing; please send me a PM with your email address and we'll take care of it.

Thanks,
Josh

You guys are awesome
I just recently joined and started learning by going through all valuable materials.
The audio has quite some good stuff in it.
PM sent.

Eric - The price was $75 for almost 6 months. I looked at our records and see that today was the only time you made the purchase attempt, [b]which failed. We did make the change early this morning, but forgot about this thread, thus the reason I didn't make an update.

I'll honor the $75 price for you in light of your timing; please send me a PM with your email address and we'll take care of it.

Thanks,
Josh

I attended in Denver and I bought the audio. Well worth it. I've listened to every session again and my favorite ones I've listened to 6-8 times! Absolutely worth the money.

As a presenter, I needed the audio also. I really wanted the presenter opposite me and some of the others I chose not to attend. Great information offered and certainly a good investment, imo. Rich

These recording are very nice. The quality is perfect, plus when you download and follow along with the powerpoints (http://www.biggerpockets.com/conference/presentations-from-the-2012-biggerpockets-real-estate-investing-summit/, the recordings are (at least the presentations I've listened to so far) very informative and fairly in-depth. And I plan listening to the other presentations to learn about other forms of REI like note investing.

There's plenty to soak up from time management to rehabbing (2hour 30 minute bootcamp!) to notes to wholesaling to everything else that you didn't think of. I've already gotten more ideas and strategies I found on these recording to implement in my current plans. I feel revived to keep chugging and land my first deal!

Thanks @Joshua Dorkin and all the speakers on the recordings!

I have listened to about 75% of the audio and I have to say it is excellent. Yesterday I was in my car for 6 hours driving around looking at apartment buildings for a couple of appraisals I am working on. At the same time I got to listen to 5 presentations on topics that ranged from wholesaling, fix & flip, and mobile home strategies to macroeconomic analysis and asset protection.

Audio books in general are a great way to super charge your productivity... but for audio on real estate investing this was awesome!!

Thanks Abdul.

BTW - We don't have dates yet, but we're looking at September/October at the moment. Once I have any info, I'll share it in the newsletter.