Can I invest through primary residence co-owner conventiona loan?

Can I invest through primary residence co-owner conventiona loan?

Member since 2020 · 51 posts · 53 votes

Hi there,

If i agree with my friend and we split closing costs 50-50, could I own 50% of the house and can my friend still get primary residence conventional loan with 10-15% downpayment?

Please note that I cannot get any primary residence loan since I'm already using one and it hasn't been 1 year since I've closed on my property.

0Reply
19 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Denver, CO · Member since 2019 · 161 posts · 176 votes
    4y

    @Sarp Ka I believe the best way to do this would be to stay off title and have a separate operating agreement with this partner, though I am not a lender and this is not lending advice. Would love to know what a lender would say on this…

  • Member since 2020 · 51 posts · 53 votes
    4y

    So basically i won't have any legal presence on any of the documents (deed, title and mortgage) but just another type of agreement?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.