Disclosing loan and HELOC that hasn't appeared on credit report

Disclosing loan and HELOC that hasn't appeared on credit report

Member since 2022 · 3 posts · 0 votes

So originally I was planning to move and purchase in a 7/8+ month timeline but we recently found something exciting and will look to move forward, needing to close in a 2-month timeline instead. 

Under the original plan, I had taken out a personal loan to consolidate some payments, but then realized a HELOC works much better. This is in the process of closing at which point I will pay off the loan immediately.

Question now is that if I submit my offer and start signing contracts in the next couple of weeks and start a mortgage approval process, this stuff I just did may not be on the initial pull, do I just go ahead and disclose this, provide documentation and its all fine or will the underwriting flip their lids or wait for a credit update etc.?

0Reply
9 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Ned CareyPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    4y

    if the new loans have actually settled,  you must disclose them whether they show up or not.  Not disclosing them is bank fraud. 

    If you do not actually have the new loans yet, I wouldn’t bother disclosing. But then you still have the old debt showing up.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.