Working on Buying STR's this year - Need Lending/Deal advice

Working on Buying STR's this year - Need Lending/Deal advice

Property Manager · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2020 · 34 posts · 25 votes

Hello everyone,

Two things.


1ST THING:

I am currently looking to buy a STR in the north GA area, and I am the sweat equity investor. I have a meeting Monday to discuss with the capital investor how the deal will be structured, and could use some insight. Currently this is what I envision for the structure of the deal:

EQUITY SPLIT: Capital Investor gets 100% of his down payment, and then we split equity 50/50 from there.

CASH FLOW SPLIT: Totally unsure as to what is/isn't fair but seeing as the market rate for airbnb management is already 20-30+% and I am bringing the deal to the table I feel as though 50/50 cash split wouldn't be an insane request.

SELLING: Upon one of us wanting to sell out the other would have an option to buy out the other partner's equity, and if unable or unwilling to do so we must sell the property. I would want to put in a time constraint on this such as a year.

ROLES: Capital investor invests the down payment/closing costs/money for furnishing if needed, and then is completely hands off. I will manage the property in its entirety.


2ND THING:

I would LOVE to get some insight on how to find more investors with capital, as I only have one connection with capital right now. They would only be able to fund one deal though, and I am looking to complete two more deals this year at a minimum. 

Thank you for taking the time to read my post. Any advice/insight would be greatly appreciated.

1Reply
13 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender · Columbus Ohio · Member since 2022 · 17 posts · 8 votes
    4y

    @Kyle Flynn Look to see if there are any local real estate groups or meet ups in your area. Those groups typically have investors or others in the group that would be able to help you with scaling your STR business.

  • Property Manager · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2020 · 34 posts · 25 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Account Closed:

    @Kyle Flynn Look to see if there are any local real estate groups or meet ups in your area. Those groups typically have investors or others in the group that would be able to help you with scaling your STR business.


     I am attending a meetup in June, and have already connected with a couple of really great investors that have been helping me out. Thank you for your insight!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.