Blue Gate Capital - are they legitimate?

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2019 · 27 posts · 20 votes
4y

I would recommend staying far away from that company. They just cost me a deal, and they are extremely unprofessional and unorganized, I'm not sure. how they are in business. I was supposed to close yesterday and they were asking me for documentation. I actually found out today that the founder of the company Zack had no intentions on funding my deal from about three weeks ago and was stringing my loan along until today. I have docs etc if you are interested in verification and proof that I have dealt with that company.

See this reply in the discussion

38 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Saint Petersburg, FL · Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 2 votes
    3y

    Wow! They have been all over me lately. I finally gave in and decided to talk to them. They do sound very interesting, but now I have been scared away. Thanks for the comments.

  • Member since 2023 · 1 post · 0 votes
    3y

    We are all confused about what role a private lender plays, so here is a quick and dirty explanation.

    Unlike prime lenders (ex. big national and regional banks like Chase) that underwrite both the borrower's ability to repay the loan and the collateral (ex. real estate), private lenders make lending decisions based on the collateral. 

    NMLS does not regulate private lenders. Private lenders are not affiliated with private organizations like the American Association Of Private Lenders, and they all have different risk tolerance. 

    Your job as the borrower is to satisfy the lender/underwriter to fund your deal.

    Private lenders want to fund deals because they want to put their capital to work. They are in the business of LENDING money BUT, borrowers have to play by their rules.

    Otherwise, you can find Chase on the NMLS website BUT good luck funding your deal with them!

  • Member since 2020 · 1 post · 3 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Stylianos Kalamaras:

    I would recommend staying far away from that company. They just cost me a deal, and they are extremely unprofessional and unorganized, I'm not sure. how they are in business. I was supposed to close yesterday and they were asking me for documentation. I actually found out today that the founder of the company Zack had no intentions on funding my deal from about three weeks ago and was stringing my loan along until today. I have docs etc if you are interested in verification and proof that I have dealt with that company.



    @Stylianos Kalamaras
    yes very unprofessional company. I thought I was the only one who had this issues Blue gate. I experience the poor processing and unprofessional work they do. At the beginning Blue gate said we were good with the loan approval. No problem with borrower, business LLC, and the location of the property. Seriously two appraisals. Almost $1800 for two appraisal. The first one Blue gate said it was a fraud and not my problem. 2nd appraisal came in fine. Toward the end before closing, they gave bunch of excuses like security breach in their company, don't like the file and the property. Really at the last minute before closing. Who operate like this? Pathetic!! Never again with this company. Costing me tons to money and business relationship with other people.
  • Member since 2023 · 1 post · 2 votes
    2y

    This place is a fraud they aren’t even real lenders the are just originators who have everything private labeled. They tell you 8% then charge you 9.35% at closing knowing you won’t leave the closing table. Stay away 

  • Member since 2024 · 1 post · 1 vote
    2y

    I am a Real Estate agent in Memphis and I had listing and therefor was representing the seller.   A Real Estate agent made an offer for his client and BlueGate was who wrote the approval letter for the Buyer.  The closing kept being delayed and delayed and to make a long story short, after it was suppose to close and I could get no answers from Blue Gate or this agent.  Bluegate finally sent out a denial letter post dated to the day it was suppose to close.  Very bogus behavior. They wasted over a month of my Sellers time.  They kept telling me the deal was solid and then defaulted after the closing date and post dated the denial letter.  So unprofessional.  STAY AWAY from this co.  No one is running the show.  Just a bunch of kids answering the phone and writing bad commitment letters.  They are not listed with American Association of Private Lenders and have a c- rating with the bbb.  they are also not a member of the bbb.  Not sure how they are still making a dime or allowed to do business.  I was basically lied to through the whole process.

  • Member since 2025 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Stylianos Kalamaras:

    I would recommend staying far away from that company. They just cost me a deal, and they are extremely unprofessional and unorganized, I'm not sure. how they are in business. I was supposed to close yesterday and they were asking me for documentation. I actually found out today that the founder of the company Zack had no intentions on funding my deal from about three weeks ago and was stringing my loan along until today. I have docs etc if you are interested in verification and proof that I have dealt with that company.


  • Member since 2025 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    1y

    Good afternoon: 1/4/25

    This sounds exactly like my closing which was to happen in November, December and yesterday!  They keep asking for information that I already sent.  The builder of the condo that I was to purchase has been extremely lenient but I may lose my money and this lovely condo.  

  • Member since 2025 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Laurie Connors:

    I am a Real Estate agent in Memphis and I had listing and therefor was representing the seller.   A Real Estate agent made an offer for his client and BlueGate was who wrote the approval letter for the Buyer.  The closing kept being delayed and delayed and to make a long story short, after it was suppose to close and I could get no answers from Blue Gate or this agent.  Bluegate finally sent out a denial letter post dated to the day it was suppose to close.  Very bogus behavior. They wasted over a month of my Sellers time.  They kept telling me the deal was solid and then defaulted after the closing date and post dated the denial letter.  So unprofessional.  STAY AWAY from this co.  No one is running the show.  Just a bunch of kids answering the phone and writing bad commitment letters.  They are not listed with American Association of Private Lenders and have a c- rating with the bbb.  they are also not a member of the bbb.  Not sure how they are still making a dime or allowed to do business.  I was basically lied to through the whole process.


  • Member since 2025 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    1y

    Good afternoon,

    Sounds like my experience in real time.....

  • Member since 2025 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    1y
    Quote from @John Phouthack:
    Quote from @Stylianos Kalamaras:

    I would recommend staying far away from that company. They just cost me a deal, and they are extremely unprofessional and unorganized, I'm not sure. how they are in business. I was supposed to close yesterday and they were asking me for documentation. I actually found out today that the founder of the company Zack had no intentions on funding my deal from about three weeks ago and was stringing my loan along until today. I have docs etc if you are interested in verification and proof that I have dealt with that company.



    @Stylianos Kalamaras
    yes very unprofessional company. I thought I was the only one who had this issues Blue gate. I experience the poor processing and unprofessional work they do. At the beginning Blue gate said we were good with the loan approval. No problem with borrower, business LLC, and the location of the property. Seriously two appraisals. Almost $1800 for two appraisal. The first one Blue gate said it was a fraud and not my problem. 2nd appraisal came in fine. Toward the end before closing, they gave bunch of excuses like security breach in their company, don't like the file and the property. Really at the last minute before closing. Who operate like this? Pathetic!! Never again with this company. Costing me tons to money and business relationship with other people.

  • Member since 2025 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    1y

    Good afternoon,

    This also sounds very familiar with what I am going through now!

  • Specialist · NJ · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 650 votes
    1y

    I've been in the lending industry for 5+ years now both as a loan officer and a broker and a processor, have also done some UW.

    Over the years, I have seen how lenders and brokers spend marketing dollars.  With todays AI bots like Chat GBT and their competitors, you can draft an email in seconds and then there are lots of affiliate email companies that will blast email, text lists that you compile.  I do not like that at all.  It can be costly.  I know a broker who spends like 20k - 30k per year in buying leads, paying for blast emails, buying lists of names of investors, etc.

    I like to meet people on the personal level first, I feel like people are way more responsive if at first I help them by answering questions, or offering advice, provide them with incite, etc.

    Most people do not know what they are getting into in those first deals, which is why we hear so many nightmare stories.  When emotion and fantasy and ignorance are at the wheel is when you're in for a crazy ride.  The more stoic, grounded, and educated you are the smoother the ride.

    I guess my point is, I'd be leery of blast marketing emails myself.  No reason to have to meet a lender that way.

  • Real Estate Broker · Nationwide · Member since 2024 · 5 posts · 1 vote
    6mo

    Issues with Blue Gate Capital continue...

    I brought them a $41M broker deal - Commercial, Multi-family, ground-up construction project.
    Customer was somewhat unorganized but they continued communicating with the us until the very end. Then...nothing! Complete silence. No email, phone calls...not even a denial.

    Thankfully, we have been able to pivot to other lenders that are ableto close the deal but just imagine the time - 8 months of preparing a customer for closing, then have the deal complete ripped from underneath your feet. Stay away from them!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.