Seeking short term secured financing on rehab (Construction loan in place)

Seeking short term secured financing on rehab (Construction loan in place)

Real Estate Broker · Detroit, MI · Member since 2017 · 103 posts · 50 votes

Summary- I am rehabbing a 3 family (into a 4 family) have secured a construction loan (183k) I have successfully completed 4 phases with four draws clean out, demo, framing, and roof totaling 43k


I am now ready to order windows and am looking for a private lender to loan the funds for purchase of windows and get a return in 8-10 weeks after windows are delivered and installed from draw on construction loan



My journey in real estate began about 22 years ago.

Immediately after college, I started buying cheap properties from the tax auction, some would have tenants and I would collect rent day one, others would need rehab which I would do and then rent for positive cash flow. My bread and butter were 2-family flats that I would fix up and rent out.

Since then, I’ve done just about everything:

Track record here https://docsend.com/view/i3sg3cgs75r5c7i6

- BRRR
- Fix and flip
- Lease options
- Private lending
- House hacking
- Contract for deeds
- Multi-family rentals
- Single-family rentals
- New home construction
- Limited partner syndications

Today, I have more projects and opportunities then funds and partners.


2Reply
17 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Sarah HattonPro Member
    Lender · San Diego · Member since 2021 · 80 posts · 56 votes
    3y

    Hey Aaron, 

    Just a thought - have you explored opening a no-interest credit card for the window expense? I've had a few borrowers front rehab on CC until they get reimbursed and this was one strategy a borrower shared. 

  • Lender · Seattle, WA · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 899 votes
    3y

    @Aaron B. Lewis-  thanks ...did the construction loan not budget for the windows?    Can you  buy and  finance the  windows  thru the  window dealer ?   Can  you leverage  any other  asset ?  ( present home via heloc/  credit card/ personal loan ?   401k loan ?  family loan ?   cash otu refinance ?  Good luck 

  • Real Estate Broker · Detroit, MI · Member since 2017 · 103 posts · 50 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Sarah Hatton:

    Hey Aaron, 

    Just a thought - have you explored opening a no-interest credit card for the window expense? I've had a few borrowers front rehab on CC until they get reimbursed and this was one strategy a borrower shared. 

    thanks, yes great idea I do not have $25k available on credit cards at this time.


  • Real Estate Broker · Detroit, MI · Member since 2017 · 103 posts · 50 votes
    3y

    Hi Dave, construction loans is on draws so the materials need to be purchased and installed then inspected to pull down on construction funds being held in escrow.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.