Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2013 · 195 posts · 102 votes
I applied for a few hard money loans since commercial banks are tougher to deal with. Essentially am looking at a hotel purchase. The hotel is worth $6. We are seeking a loan of $4.2 million (70%) and putting down $1.8 million. The issue is the equity is coming from investors and not me. I don't have the personal financials to get approved through a commercial bank. Anyways my assumption was that hard money loans were non-recourse and didn't require much personal information. I been applying to some reputable firms and they seem to ask for a ton of documents, equivalent to that of commercial banks.
Realtor, General Contractor, and Developer · Redding, CA · Member since 2009 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
12y
Check out this site, there may be some on there that do the type of loan you're looking for. However; hard money lenders usually only do shorter term loans, not long term. HML's Also, look on the tab at top of page "Resources" and click on hard money loans. Good luck.